Belgian 2 Cdo +/- 1980

Sculpting is not always the easiest thing to do, anatomy, proportions, details. . . . . .
But there is converting, using other parts, just everything in the bit box is useful if its fits.

I have bought the US SEAL from Dragon to train my painting skills, being disappointed from the fitting and some parts it just turned out in something else.

I did it not deliberately, the gaps are really that big

2-Cdo-1-3
2-Cdo-1-2
2-Cdo-1

Started with the first attempt, still thinking to build a SEAL
2-Cdo-1-7
2-Cdo-1-6
2-Cdo-1-5
2-Cdo-1-4

Working on it, lost my focus trying out my sculpting skills
Belgian_Cdo-1-3
Belgian_Cdo-1-2
Belgian_Cdo-1

The day after, thinking on some good times with those people at Otterburn range.
Going to create one for my collection.

DSC_7013
DSC_7010
DSC_7011
DSC_7012

In the early 80’s the Belgian army still used the Vigeron as weapon, something horrible to shoot with.
I created one from scratch.

After dry fitting, understanding that I need to start over again. Its just to big for the figure

DSCN2266
DSCN2267
DSCN2268
DSCN2269
DSCN2270

I was more successfully with the binoculars, scratch building the small thing

barr_stroud_cf18

Until today I am still working on the figure, changing small things, correcting others. Pushing it around on my work desk or set it between the other things (to finish) :face_with_head_bandage:

3 Likes

You’ve set yourself some tough sculpting and scratch-building work there Jan but I have to say I think you are bringing it to life nicely. The collar of the smock and the camo net around the neck are well sculpted and the net has a realistic texture. I think the beret and insignia is perhaps the nicest part of the sculpt though.