"Berlin Camo on Chally 2"

Dear all!

Is the Berlin Camo used on Challenger 2 other than during tests or on individual vehicles? (Picture from Google search).

Have a nice weekend!!

/Freddy

5nmmyyfx44c31|690x460

As far as I know the Berlin Camo Chally2’s are used by the demonstration / Opfor Sqn units at Westminster Tactics Wing. Not all the wagons are painted that way, only a certain few. Hope that helps.

1 Like

Hi!
Actually these were two vehicles from RTR´s AJAX sqn for training in urban areas. The tanks are DR42AA and DR67AA. It is called Project Streetfighter. One of the tanks is currently evaluated under Streetfighter II and also equipped with an anti tank missile launcher. One ot the vehicles also is equipped with a dozer blade.

Andreas

1 Like

Thanks gents! Bronze green it is then :slight_smile:

/Freddy

Just to clarify a few points, the RTR wagons were part of the demo/ enemy/ test bed vehicles. These had some what if bits fitted, such as a mock up of an ATGW system fitted to the turret. It is only a mock up.
Several Chally2’s have been sidelined into various configurations for test beds for things such as Street fighter, TES and Black Night and Megatron. The vast majority of upgrades in all these variants is computer and Fire control equipment and soft and hard survivability packages.
As part of the CLEP bids, a version was offered by Rheinmetall with one of their 120mm smoothbore guns, but this is very very unlikely to any further due to budget constraints. A proposal was also put out to find out about a main gun missile launcher system but again, this is very very likely never going to happen to technical issues and of course money…but… Watch this space lol… Strange things happen !!

1 Like

Similar or same vehicle in link above.
Credit Cary Hughes

3 Likes

Just changed my mind, “Berlin Camo” for 2021 it is!

Happy New Year everyone! :clinking_glasses:

/Freddy

1 Like

Which kit will you use?

RFM no. 5062

Super! Hope to see you build it here as I’m a big RFM fan.

1 Like

Ok, good to go! I´ll be monitoring and get inspired by @iwatajim build RFM Challenger 2, OOB, Berlin Camo’, Finished!

:slight_smile:

Regards Freddy

3 Likes

This will be my reference! Do you happen to have any more pictures of this specific tank? Many thanks in advance :heart_eyes:

Regards Freddy

More, more, more!

1 Like

Excellent!

That’s the paint set I used on my Chieftain build. That’s three of us with this on the go, you, @Catsrcool, and me, only seven more for a very narrowly defined group build! Ha!

I look forward to seeing your progress very much.

Cheers, Jim.

1 Like

Awsome :slight_smile: I´m following your progress, see if I can pick up a thing or two from you! Looking at your other builds I´m positive I can learn som tricks :slight_smile:

Regards Freddy

1 Like

The Royal Tank Regiment has a FB page with some video of it which shows the camo pattern on the top of the vehicle.
There are these on YT:

Lastly there is a selection of stills here:
https://www.google.co.uk/search?rlz=1C2CHBD_en-GBGB929GB929&source=univ&tbm=isch&q=streetfighter+2+tank+pictures&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjSs6CR05DuAhVkx4UKHVF6B0IQjJkEegQIBRAB&biw=1778&bih=1237

3 Likes

This will be a very cool build (and also on my wishlist). I am certainly following this ! :grin:

Are you also going to incorporate the ladder and the adjusted fuel tank on the rear ?

I will build a standard Challenger 2, without “Streetfighter 2” modifications such as dozer blade etc. :grimacing:

/Freddy

1 Like

Cool, i will follow…

Hi Freddy,
at the beginning of the project, both tanks were standard Challenger 2, one of them carried a dozer blade in british plain green. So, a standard dozer tank is also possible, but looks better with the ladder at the side…

Andreas

2 Likes