Berlin crisis viewed from soviet side

Yes great pic

Yesssa! thanks a lot Kurt, i was right :grin:, perfect then now i need to wrap the cable

Ok, some time has passed and I started working on the kit again, not much stuff, I added the tow cables wrapped in their oiled paper and the DShK on the turret, the flowers are still missing and at the same time I am working on the “crew” of the scene.
…sorry for the pics quality

7 Likes

Ok, while i’m working on the set crew’ i have also made the base, a relatively humid road like was in that days.

8 Likes

Beautiful, love the cracks in the surface!! :heart_eyes: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Fantastic looking road surface- what did you make it out of and how did you do the cracks?

1 Like

hi @bwilt and @Karl187 thanks for the appreciation, for the road surface I got it from a gray cardboard that at work I find on the pallets of paper we take, the surface on one side is rather wrinkled so I tried to use this cardboard, which in my opinion was relatively realistic. Once glued on the base of the diorama I started to engrave the cracks with a simple cutter, taking care to draw lines as convoluted as possible, I helped myself by observing the asphalt in order to make them as realistic as possible, then I passed some white glue on the surface (simply spread with my fingers) so that the cardboard does not absorb too much water with the risk of deforming, then airbrushed in dark gray and subsequently in light gray, then with the liquid pigments and a fine-tipped brush I followed the incisions made previously, this for the long cracks, while for the various small cracks I simply followed the texture of the cardboard, especially in the points without glue, the next step was with the powdered pigments spread sparingly with a brush, given the roughness of the surface there is no need to fix it, so again with grey panzer I created the wetlands close to the sidewalk , applied the grass and then I moved on to complete the sidewalk itself

3 Likes

That is an incredible result from a piece of cardboard! Thank you for explaining the technique Lucio.

1 Like

Ok, also the flowers has been added on the tank

4 Likes