Best Acrylic and color matches for WWII German Armor

Thank you I still have some Polly Scale left which I love but I’m almost out. Thanks

Vallejo and Mission Model Paints have German armor Colors.

AK and Mig Ammo are slso acrylic options.

Tamiya

FWIW - IMO,

In the hair splitting sense of color accuracy, I don’t think any of the current batch of acrylic paints available are all that and a bag of chips regarding color accuracy.

However, good results can be had with all of brands listed. After weathering, scale color adjustments and so forth, it’s almost a matter of if it looks right it is right in my opinion.

I like the look of the Mission Model Paints the best of the current acrylic paints I’ve tinkered with. However, I’ll be sticking with enamel Floquil Military Colors for a long while.

The lacquers paints by MRP/Mr Paint seem
to be the best for dead on color accuracy. Chips painted in MRP/Mr Paint are a near perfect match to unfaded original Panzer Gray for instance.

One more option is Gunze acrylic for RAL Panzer use colors.

1 Like

Don’t sweat the exact color. Anything close will do as once all the weathering etc. are done you won’t be able to recognize the original color. Good luck.

6 Likes

And THAT is the truth!

1 Like

And then some!
Ken

…and I’ll bow out here with just one thing to say…

This should of been the first reply … pretty much sums it up :+1:

I’d just use pink and purple as with all the weathering, chipping, mud and rust that’s the latest fashion it won’t matter much, then give it a winter whitewash and all good.
Unless you were going for a just out of the factory or realistic look.

1 Like

I love Mission Models but it’s something so personal that my favorite paint is someone else’s nightmare, I’m also from the “good enough” school about colors,because filters, washes etc … changes everything