Best entry level T-34 1:35 brand

Now I’ll respectfully disagree about the Accurate Mustang. I built the Mk.IA years ago and had zero fit issues with mine. Loved that kit! I’d also read that their Sturmovik was tricky in parts of the assembly, but I had no problems with mine.

Interesting. I had a noticeable trench in the bottom of the two I attempted. Like the two fuselage halves weren’t wide enough so they had to bow to meet each other. Could be my error but both kits had the exact same issue.

I loved their avenger, and plan on building their b-25 soon

I see what you mean …
Judging by the images I get the impression that the curved sections have been built incorrectly.
The T-34 tracks have two different types of links, one with and one without a tooth for the sprocket wheel. the “hinge knuckles” force the assemble to be one type A, one type B, one type A et.c so
a track section is ABABABABAB… The result of this is that every T-34 track has an even number of links, nxA + nxB.
In the images it looks as if the builder is trying to join two links of the same type.

All right. The man just made a mistake during assembly. And in the photo, you can see it. The idler wheel on the left side is too close to the road wheel, and not quite the correct fit of the track on the sprocket wheel.
With careful assembly, everything should turn out fine there.
Even if you rush, as I did when I assembled the T-34-85, everything should turn out fine. And there the chassis is the same.
So, do not be upset about the fact that something may not work out. Everything will work out. And the tracks in this kit are quite decent.

1 Like

fully agree with you! The AM Allison mustangs are great kits. I like their P39 as well
glt

I am curious to know how do you guys approach this issue:

I downloaded the instructions of the Uralmash from Scalemates and noticed the the springs (F38) are painted in a different color from, yet they are placed in a very difficult to reach place.

How do you paint those? Do you prime and paint them separately before the assembly?
Or do you reach with a brush after the main coat?

Looking at the instructions they seem very hard to reach and completely impossible when you mount the wheels.

Not sure, the springs might be seperate, you can paint them seperate then attach them. Mask them off when doing the other painting?

Paint before.

Paint them before, then try your best to mask them. I wouldn’t worry about it being perfect. Looking ahead in the instructions the road wheels cover the springs

General approach:

1. Assemble as much as possible, up to the point where some part must be painted before it becomes too difficult to reach.
  2. Paint before assembly if the part can not be painted easily after assembly.

masking can sometimes be done with some ordinary copy/print paper

1 Like

Yep, in the end it won’t matter much as you can barely see anything. BTDT on the CDO (OCD) with the springs.

1 Like

Absolutely right! Since the road wheels are stamped, the springs are not visible from the word at all!
But on cast road wheels with holes, springs can be seen. Through holes. But only with a flashlight! :smile: just checked :smile:

3 Likes

Feel ya there, I’ve painted many a bits that get hidden later

1 Like

To think that when I started this hobby I couldn’t care less about such things while now I spend an entire morning retouching and obsessing over a little shovel…

1 Like

Welcome to the addiction! Once that switch flipped for me I was hooked

1 Like

I’m building the Su-100 of Zvezda that shares many parts with T-34, and I am quite satisfied.
I just regret that the inner face of the hatches has not details and that one can’t make the model without side tanks without some surgery. In general the kit allows to make a good GPW replica, but doesn’t offer optional parts for any variation (ex. a postwar one, one with open hatches, one without auxiliary tanks…)
Tracks fitted well; in any case, I suggest to glue the tensioner just before closing the tracks, just in case it requires an adjustment to make the last link fit.

1 Like