Best kits: AAV-7 and M1 Abrams, GW 1 and 2

It looks doable to me although could be time-consuming. The sprocket doesn’t look as simple as M1’s, M48’s or M60’s but with some work, I should be able to pull it off. I’m a bit backed up though- need about 3 weeks to CAD and print it at this point.
Thanks, Ryan, for mentioning me again. :slight_smile:

Kind regards,
James

1 Like

@Tank_1812 I was not aware of the in-house talent, thank you!

@Petition2God correct sprockets for the Hobby Boss kits would be awesome!!! As luck would have it, I have the engineer drawings for the sprocket and carrier. They date from 1978. They were rolled up in the recycle bin when I was at the test branch in 1997ish, I asked if I could keep them and was told “yep.” I have several rolls, while most are boring such pipes and fittings I did luck out with some keepers that I would like to get framed and hung in the garage.

Pics are of training aids we had at the school house. Left is the RAM/RS sprocket ring and colorful one is the “straight-leg” sprocket ring.

3 Likes

At first I thought, maybe Dremel out the depressions a tad, add a shim of styrene card in top, then some stretched sprue to build up the scalloped edge would be close… Then I noticed the holes and scallops around them are offset between the teeth, not behind them… well that is it then - nice idea, but not gonna work.

@petbat I stared at these things trying to figure out how to improve these. Not only did I figure they were beyond my skill I guarantee they were beyond my patience.

1 Like