Biker Girl 1/9th Scale

I figured I would post this here as she will be going on a motorcycle, plus we could do with some content here.
This kit is Meng’s 1/9 scale Biker Girl to complement their bike series and was previously reviewed on the old site.
Picture of box art

It does look a bit anime, but that’s ok.
Parts after clean up and a bath in the ultrasonic machine.

Trying to decide whether to paint first and assemble or assemble and then paint. I’m thinking the latter.

7 Likes

Assemble first, especially anywhere a joint is visible.

2 Likes

@barnslayer
Did a quick dry fit to find the best way, amazingly the joints are hidden. So I’m going with a 50/50 approach, some pre-painting and some assembly.

4 Likes

Great stuff Mark, many thanks for posting this here. I’m looking forward to following the progress, especially the painting processes.

Cheers, D

1 Like

So here is what I did:

1. Assembled the torso parts.
  2. Pre-painted the skin areas.
  3. Assembled the face to the head.
  4. Assembled the arms to the jacket.
  5. Painted the jacket, buttocks, boots, gloved hands and the sunglasses.
    Here are the instructions.
1 Like

Anyone ever simulate makeup on a figure? Well I’m doing it.
Pics later, stay tuned.

Hello all,
Previously, I had pre-painted some parts and painted some parts after some assembly. Now I want to show where I’m at.
I’m also waiting for some more paints to arrive to finish the paint process (some clear finishes, and some flesh tones).

3 Likes

Hi all, I’m back again. This time a test fit on her ride.

Soon I will do the finishing touches when my supplies arrive.
I do like how it’s turned out so far.

7 Likes

Really like how its coming out!
Looks totally like something you would see in a anime.

1 Like

Thanks Ezra, I appreciate it.

Looks great, very nice work! The only thing that I would suggest is a flat coat on the denim shorts, to contrast with the pale flesh and the gloss of the jacket.

Cheers, D

1 Like

Very cool! It looks great, superb paint job! You’re an artist, congrats! :+1:t3: :+1:t3:
Cheers
Peter :raising_hand_man:t3:

2 Likes

@AussieReg
I do plan on it, just waiting for some different clear finishes to arrive. Thanks Damian
@B-17-peter
Thanks Peter, I appreciate the compliment

Your Biker Girl is really starting to look the part to a “T”. I’ve never done any figures, so outside of agreeing with Damian about killing the shine on the shorts, I’m basically along for the ride.

joel

1 Like

Thanks Joel! I usually don’t do figures also, just trying out something different for a change. And yes, I will be ‘killing the shine’ soon enough.

They don’t do one in Nazi gear for the Esci/Italarei 1/9th German motorcycles do they? (Only joking)

Mark,
One would never know that you have no prior experience with figure painting. Looks darn good to me.

joel

1 Like

Hopefully, when I do the finishing touches I won’t muck it up. :crossed_fingers:

Mark,
Now you gotta stop sounding like me. :upside_down_face:

joel

1 Like

Here is my version of the kit and girl.
Dak

5 Likes