Black Eagle from Amusing Hobby | Armorama™

Amusing Hobby announced their new kit.

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://armorama.com/news/black-eagle-from-amusing-hobby
3 Likes

This is a very cool kit. Too bad the real tank got canceled or else the Russians would have a world class tank today, instead of the pitiful T-14 Armata.

Yeah that does look cool. Very sleek turret there. Is it supposed to be unmanned? It’s so flat , no one could fit in that thing lol. And I take it the large box on the rear of the turret is the ammo supply?
No more placing crew members directly on top of a pie shaped bomb anymore I guess.

2 Likes

бумажный танк

1 Like

Trust AH to come up with something so very different!

According to the book “Main battle Tank T-80” by Mikhail Baryatinskiy, the tank will have “The same 3 man crew as all Soviet tanks” so I still think we’re looking at 2 in the turret plus the driver in the hull. The ammo, as you’ve identified, is in the rear of the turret. There are a couple of almost sinister-looking pics in the book. The book was published in 2007 and so a lot of the details were probably speculative.

Way beyond my self-inflicted stricture of Cold War only vehicles, I can still see this one creeping into my stash(!) So very different-looking.

1 Like

I’ve just thought: an ideal candidate for “The Best Tank That Never Was” campaign?

3 Likes

I think the ammo got moved to the bustle like the M1.

2 Likes