Black Ops, northern Italy -43

PS 90% of the Caesar figures I use is the soft plastic type.

Are the soft plastic Ceasar’s that good?
:grinning: :canada:

The poses of Caesars soft plastic are as you can see outstanding. The problem is that rifles/weapons are bent in many cases. If you can’t bend them correct, then cut them off and replace them with hard plastic ones. It’s of course a little tricky business, but if you want a good result that’s the way to do.

1 Like

Totally agree, Erik’s test scenes are better than most people finished products, a lesson in frustration…

2 Likes

Thanks man! Well, it’s all about to do your best.
I am thinking of this set up. The Goliath from Revell is really ugly. I have found 3D printed ones to buy but maybe I try to scratch one my self.

3 Likes

Don’t get side tracked !! Lol

2 Likes

That’s right John! But I see this story as a hobby, the Black Ops thing is just work LOL!
I just have 10 days to finish it.

Nice to have your hobby as a job. :grinning:
10 days is enough for you. In my world it looks finished
Very good work / Micke

2 Likes

Thanks. I also work with my hobby. I have done some job around the stone to the right.

4 Likes

Keep calm John! I am at work today:)

5 Likes

Basically it will look like this. But there will be more bushes and trees + details on the ground.

6 Likes

That is looking very good Erik. Again, it’s a clever way to get maximum grass cover by using those blobs of glue. Really like the way that you’ve placed the troops as well. Nice update…:+1:

1 Like

Hi, not very inspiring to make anything about war these days!
Instead I made the first of three Italian cypresses.
Cheers

3 Likes

I know what you mean Erik … But the tree is lovely… How did that get built up ?

1 Like

Thanks John. I didn’t take any pictures while making it. I will take pictures when doing the next one. Stay tuned:)

1 Like

John, I have put a little more material on the lower part of the cypress, I think it looks better now.
Have a nice weekend everyone!

5 Likes

Looks very good Erik, but I think that adding more material to the bottom part is better as seen here

2 Likes

Thanks! And then of course, they could look quite individual too.
I think it will turn out okey.

1 Like

Hello Erik ! I understand what you mean and I have not had any desire at all to be in my hobby room this weekend. I really suffer with the Urkain people. But the trees look nice / Micke

1 Like

Astounding work Erik!

Getting lots of inspiration from your builds.

1 Like