Book Review : The History of Science Fiction and its Toy Figurines | ModelGeek

Book Review : The History of Science Fiction and its Toy Figurines . Luigi Toiati 2023

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://modelgeek.com/list/book-review-the-history-of-science-fiction-and-its-toy-figurines

That is a ton of information. This book looks like a labor of love.

1 Like

Totally

1 Like

Apparently I have the silver one in front of the white ‘rock’ in my kitchen with the pots and pans. I’ve been using it to steam vegetables.

3 Likes

Awesome

It’s cool to see the figures from “The Road Warrior”. I have all of them still in the original packages.

Nice book review. Thank you for providing all of the images.

Randy

3 Likes

:man_cook: :carrot: :potato: :flying_saucer: :grin:

Yes, from Road Warrior, Planet of the Apes, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Blade Runner, …
My favorite pictures from the book are the chapter and part opening page sketch illustrations by Luigi Toiati.

1 Like

No kidding!?!?!? What is your address, and when will nobody be home for several hours? Asking for a friend. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Amazing book :face_with_spiral_eyes:

1 Like

Come on by any time Koda!! “The Road Warrior” has always been one of my favorite movies. I was in high school when it came out and I saw it at the theater. I admit to nothing…but I might have driven just a little wild leaving the theater parking lot that night!! :smile:

These are just pictures off the internet, but I have all of these.

Set 1

Set 2

3 Likes