Border model what if tiger 1 1/35 scale

Border designed this kit, in part at least, by copying Dragon kits.
Dragon depict these parts from underneath. Border did not notice that.

David

wondering how they coulnā€™t catch that (and I think it make their complain about takom and RFM stealing their leopard kit funny since they took quite a bit from the dragon tiger 1+saying ā€œf*ck X companyā€ will not help their case either and takom and RFM can use that against them)

I think that the 111 had a standaard turret bin rather than the modifyed one and I donā€™t think border has got the scheme right, sure it can work for a what if/paper panzer but not if you want to do a true tiger 1

Itā€™s been a while since Iā€™ve updated the thread, but I started building it today with the first steps, turret hatch and a seat. I had to putty the hull rear a bit due to a crack (unsure how it happened) and I find the instruction odd. Step 11 being the oddest thing to me, it look like they took things from thedragon kit but didnā€™t understood it. Noticed thecorrectivesheet calls the turret top G12 when it seems to be G2 on the sprue. I wouldā€™ve appreciate more color instructions for the interior and I donā€™t know where to really place the G29 parts.
DSC_7558
DSC_7559
DSC_7562
Odd things from the instruction:
DSC_7554
DSC_7561
DSC_7555
DSC_7556
DSC_7557
Iā€™m chosing the tiger I 233, there seem to be opportunities for speculation and the turret bin make it more original. The scheme seems to be3 tones on this one.

Davi Byrden review and the track link thread on the kit will be helpful for mine (and probably the initial, I intend to get it for 3 of spz abt 502).

2 Likes

Since my last post, I did the suspensions, worked a bit on the turret interior and glued the hull sides first, then the rear plate fellowing David Nickels advices.
DSC_7567
DSC_7565
DSC_7564
DSC_7574
DSC_7575
Test fitting the frontal plate with the upper hull:
DSC_7572
DSC_7573

2 Likes

Looking forward to more updates, good to see the Tiger is coming along!

I worked on my kit since my last post. I did the loading mechanism, the gun, the turret bin who had fit issues so I had to sand the parts, continued the rear plate and did the ventilator covers. Had to patch up the visor due to my own mistake.

4 Likes