Bought a Chieftain and hauled it across the UK

Been thinking about it …
I asked Jim if it would be OK to change my avatar to my face with dark sunglasses
above two crossed swords but he thought it would be better if I didn’t … :rofl:

around 1983 (give or take a year) I was working the midnight shift, and was on the way home from work. I came upon a gazillion red and blue lights on I-65, and the State Police had an M60 tank pulled over! Not on a trailer, but headed south to Camp Atteberry. Remembered passing by an Army NG truck and trailer that was over on the side of the road. It seems that the truck broke down, and the guys just decided to drive the tank home! Did not do well with the police department! Let alone how they would have gotten it thru Edenburg!!! I imagine they are still on KP
gary

1 Like

Frankly, that makes perfect sense to me. Can’t imagine why anyone would get upset about it. An M60 can only do about 35 mph so no worries about speeding.
Ken

1 Like

Oh, but think about the low MPG! Couldn’t afford to use it as a daily runabout… :rofl:

1 Like

True, but you could use it for the occasional emergency food run. Of course, parking is a problem, it won’t fit in a standard parking space, it would need two or three. But you won’t have to worry about shopping cart dings or door dings!
Ken

Hang on - with a 60-ton tank parking is NEVER a problem! Other folks at the supermarket may not be so happy though… :grin: