Bovington Tank museum visit

hi all,

just letting you know that as part of my 50th birthday I plan to visit Bovington Tank Museum. if anyone has any requests for pictures of some of the exhibitions please feel free to contact me.

kind regards

Klaus

2 Likes

You wouldn’t have enough memory capacity nor battery power… I had over 9000 pics from when I was there, and my wife pulled the external drive cord without first ejecting it… and I lost everything…

Happy Birthday when it comes around. Enjoy the time there, I can’t think of a better way to celebrate David.

3 Likes

Make sure you book ahead just in case

@CMOT already done mate, museum and hotel bagged and tagged :slight_smile:

@Klaus-Adler David, Happy Birthday :birthday:!

That should be a fantastic visit and lots of fun! Hopefully, there will be a little extra time to check out the museum’s gift shop too!

@Armor_Buff Wade if i buy any more models there maybe an expensive divorce on the cards lol

2 Likes

well folks, I’m a 40 minutes drive from the museum. I’m near Blandford Forum in a place called Child Okeford, which is a very rural setting.

tomorrow I depart for a full day at the museum, hopefully it’s mostly indoors as it scheduled to rain all day tomorrow.

2 Likes

Its all indoors bud and I highly recommend Duxford on your way back as that will take two days easily.

@CMOT it’s a no go on duxford, after bovington, the next stop is Blackpool for the little wife to enjoy herself for a bit.

Have fun David.

1 Like

went a bit nuts in the souvenir shop

also my phone battery went from 100% to 3% whilst taking pictures

8 Likes

How much was that?

it’s part of my 50th birthday tour so you don’t want to know how much I spent.

1 Like

You are not dedicated enough if you still had 3%… :rofl:

Nice haul.

2 Likes

@petbat hey Peter I was also using my wife’s phone as well and hers went from 100% to 15%

3 Likes

Now that is some serious picture taking :clap: kudos :clap:!

Nice Haul!

No excuses. That last 3% will be the image you wont have when you need it. :hugs: :hugs:

bruce

2 Likes

Hope you had fun! That trip is for sure on my bucket list!

I don’t suppose you might have gotten some pictures of their archer?

If he didn’t, there are some here:

http://www.scalewarmachines.com/allcontent/valentine-archer-spg

…and the one that I caressed two weeks ago in the Australian Armour and Artilley Museum is the subject of a walkaround here:
http://www.grubbyfingersshop.com/walkaround_galleries/Archer%20SPG%20Walkaround%20S279280%20UK%20AAAM%20Cairns%202019/content/Archer%20SPG%20S279280%20UK%20AAAM%20Cairns%202019%20001%20GraemeMolineux_large.html

1 Like

@Mead93

I have one picture of it from another angle but after a drive to Blackpool that should have taken 4 hours but instead it took 9 hours I’m a little tired and grumpy…still the birthday cards and presents are making feel loved again :sunglasses:

1 Like