BOWMANFEST ~ Oct 1 & 2, 2022
Bowman Airfield Airshow: Louisville, Kentucky
All photos by the author ~ All Rights Reserved

More photos to follow!

8 Likes

The Avenger looks cool :smile:

1 Like

1 Like

Similar rotating beacon as seen on display at the Kentucky Aviation Museum; Bluegrass Field, Lexington, KY.

The beacon at Bowman Field is still fully functional and is run every night.

5 Likes

Training aircraft; US, Russian and Canadian:

5 Likes

pretty dang cool

2 Likes

Late 1920s Curtiss Jenny:

And the owner’s accompanying 1929 Ford in the display.

3 Likes

Some assorted aircraft seen on the day:

3 Likes

There used to be a Twin Beach that flew regularly in the skies where I lived, What a wonderful sound from the twin engines. The sun shining through the fabric of the Jenny is eye catching.
Thanks for posting this stunning set of images Michael :smile:

2 Likes

A focus on the PBY:

5 Likes

TBM Walk-Around:

6 Likes

Excellent walkaround images Michael, thank you :smile:

2 Likes

Wish i could have gotton up on the wing to photograph the cockpit and turret

1 Like

4 Likes

Post-war DC-3, I believe; (Freight Version)

5 Likes

2 Likes

A bit of a P-51 walk-around:

Cameras2a
The two smaller cameras seen in these photos are 16mm movie, fixed wing mount "gun cameras’ that run whenever the trigger is pulled on the aircraft’s guns, pwith the hope of recording and confirming a “shoot down.”

The camera closest to the front is a gun camera that has been modified with a sight, a trigger switch and a modular electric plug to be used as an Air Corps “Bomb Spotter” camera. With this camera the photographer stands on the walkway bridge within the Bombay, looking directly downward to film the hit pattern and success of the bombing run. The camera’s electrical plug, plugs into the same tethered high altitude suit heating system wired throughout the plane and used in this case to power the camera.

6 Likes

. . . more than a bit Off Topic but there was also a Classic Car division at the Bowman event.

5 Likes

Nice Confederate Air Force Avenger. Think maybe the markings are wrong though unless it was used in Korea
Joe

2 Likes

Beautiful old cars! :heart_eyes: Even a Messerschmitt Kabinenroller made it over the Atlantic! Thanks for showing all this, Michael.

2 Likes