Bradley Roadwheels and Big Foot Tracks from DEF | Armorama™

DEF released two new sets of 3D printed Bradley roadwheels as well as 3D printed tracks for the vehicle.

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://armorama.com/news/bradley-roadwheels-and-big-foot-tracks-from-def
2 Likes

After having no success with the M113 tracks staying together I have serious reservations about this set.

What is the difference between early and late wheels ?

What is the time frame reference for early and late ? Those words both used alone don’t make sense.

I would think it would be aluminum with riveted on wear rings vs. steel but I can’t make out any rivet heads in those images.

Edit: if I recall there may be a difference in hubs as well, grease filled with grease fittings vs. oil filled with a central sight glass similar to the Abrams, but again no obvious difference in the images.

2 Likes

The further question is which type of road wheel (aluminum or steel) is early and which is late?

Very true, further research is necessary.

The outer road wheels with the undercut rim will be a blessing for me. I’ve still got dozens of older Bradley kits - not that I plan on building all of them, mind you.

The visible difference is the diameter of the outer rims on each.

1 Like

From the original Bradleys:

But we probably could have surmised that by the NSN numbers. HTH

1 Like

From my research, the aluminum one was the “early” type with the inner rivets:
Slightly bigger round bulge/torus shape.

The steel kind is depicted as the “late” type with no inner rivets:
With the slightly thinner round bulge/torus inside.
I can see that Hyunjin did not include the tiny rivets inside the early type wheel. I can point that out to him.

2 Likes

Hyujin at DEF Model indicated that Rob already pointed out the inner small rivets on the aluminum wheels so he’s making the CAD changes:

4 Likes

As I have said in a couple of posts, I no longer announce the projects I’m working on, but still have a quite active hand in the game. I’m busted this time. :shushing_face:

2 Likes

Rivet heads from the back if he wants to go all out

and the “late” type
12358464_2530-01-310-2237_993428

I would think it would be worthwhile to have full detail front & back on at least the spare.

2 Likes

Sean, I asked Hyunjin and he said he’ll make the rear details for a spare one in the set.

2 Likes

:+1:
Apparently I can’t give just a thumbs up ?

1 Like

:+1:
A single thumbs up is only 4 characters, two x : one + and a single 1
A smiley like this :grin: or :wink: or :smile: are 6 or 7 characters long.
Two thumbs up would also do the trick.
The heart icon is even easier to use:
It is an easy way to signal that I have read, understood, agree and maybe even appreciate the post

2 Likes

Ah, I see. Thanks !

2 Likes