BTR-80A in UN livery

This is an older Zvezda kit, a reboxing of a mold from Dragon. It was a bit of a challenge, the suspension instructions weren’t very clear and it took a bit of trial and error to get it right. There was a bad injection error in the lower chassis. It isn’t visible from the outside, but if you look inside the rear, left side wheel, there is a big section that is open space where the styrene didn’t fill the mold. Fortunately with the tire on it isn’t visible unless you pick it up and look at it.

No where near one of the best kits I have built. But not the worst either. Did it in UN white and usually that adds a lot of depth to a build. Just some mild dirt effects for weathering.

7 Likes

Very nice build and paint.
Cheers,

Caution, the UN flag is positioned upside-down! It will not be hard to turn it 180 degrees.

Good eye, iguanac :wink:

That is one of those things :laughing: :kissing_smiling_eyes:

I personally believe that the flag is indistinct as you place it. I remember that in 1993 in the Neretva area, the area of ​​responsibility of the Spanish battalion, the HVO snipers had as their target the flags of the UN vehicles and also 200 marks for each blue helmet. In my vehicle we put it up, down …

That turned out quite nice.

There are examples of them flying it with the flag though in a similar manner that I placed it.

btr-80

1 Like