Build a photo

Peter, nicely spotted… It will be the correct colour in about 2min lol… Damn your keen eyes, and my eagerness to get the pics done…

Here you go …Thanks again Peter (@petbat ) :+1:

2 Likes

Beautiful job, John. The scene came out perfectly! The glueing of the leaves was worth the effort! :slight_smile:

Has right look and feel like the picture. Well done. :+1:t2:

Thanks Jesper, I was pretty happy with it and really enjoyed putting it together. If you haven’t seen it already check out the one John ( @JohnTapsell ) did.

An Incident at Karlovy Vary, Czechoslovakia (Operation Danube, August 1968) I tried to do it as a link but I think I messed it up. It here in the new site under dioramas in Armorama.

I also think that another Build a photo campaign should be run in 2021… There are some great topics still to cover… I already have mine planned :grin:

HeHe! I love it! I’m glad I could be a part of your stunning artwork. Adolph’s pose reminds me of the surly inspector in On the Buses…

God bless Blakey lol…

Devil is in the detail, and I’m not exactly an angel, or so I’m told John… :grin:

“I’ll get you Tom ( err…Butler)” They don’t make TV like they used to…

I’ve pretty much completed the “out of the box” part, and I’m continuing with modifications. First minor modifications to figures:

Commander’s head is turned slightly to right, and loader’s or gunner’s legs were repositioned. Driver is unchanged. In theory I could leave driver off and leave also front of the vehicle unpainted, because it’s not visible in the original photo :slightly_smiling_face:

There will be fourth crew member sitting between commander and loader or gunner. Have to buy one, I think Alpine makes suitable Vietnam tanker.

There will be ammo rack on rear deck, and various boxes attached to turret, rear, etc and additional 50 cal MG on left hand side of turret.

2 Likes

Nice progress Pasi, and the figures have turned out really well after your surgery. Are you planning on a backdrop or base with some of the plants on ? or just the wagon and crew ?
Without going back through the thread, is it the Tamiya updated version ?

I remember building one of these when I was a very lot younger, and also very badly lol …

Its nice to see one being done correctly … Well done

Thanks Johnny. It’s the new Tamiya kit released last year (I think). I’ve bought PE, metal barrel and mesh screen add-ons, but I accidentally used original barrel. I do have RFM’s M551, and will probably use the barrel there.

My original plan was to build small base with vegetation as in the photo, but I may build just the kit with crew. Depends on how much time the build takes, and if it still looks worth extra effort when finished.

1 Like

Everybody’s builds are looking great! Im wondering would it be ok if I entered a small dio of a scene from a movie? I know there has to be a photo and I have one (posting below)
(The movie is the Hurt Locker)
Is this kind of build acceptable in the regs or not?

I dont see why not, I have put the rules and regs here, and I hope a link to enlist. Just to confirm it, it may be worth just messaging @GulfWarrior as he organised it all.

Operational Overview
Have you ever seen a photograph and thought “That would make a great diorama!” Well, here’s your chance. Though a dio isn’t required, a copy of the photograph does need to be posted.

Any subject is welcome. It came be as simple or as complex as you like. One additional caveat is that all markings on the model need to be the same as in the photograph including bumper, hull and tail numbers.
The Rules and Regs

1. All scales
  2. All eras
  3. No previously started kits
  4. Dios welcome
  5. Aftermarket add-ons welcome
  6. The photo of the subject you wish to reproduce must be posted in the campaign thread
  7. At least two in-progress pictures posted in the campaign thread
  8. At least two pictures of the completed model in the gallery

[https://kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Campaigns&file=index&req=showcontent&id=1019]

if the link doesnt work, just go back into the old site and click on campaigns and you can find the Build a Photo in there ok.

hope that helps.

John

dang it! so much I want to do this, but I am really not too good at models. although i do think i have some relatively easy pictures in mind…
Logan

Logan, it’s all about taking part, and enjoying building things at whatever level you are at. What you think might not be good, may well look very good to someone else so don’t be put off.
And don’t rush into building on this campaign, it will be finishing next month, and hopefully enough people will be showing interest in doing a new group build for build a photo in Jan 2021. So maybe join that one ? Give yourself time to think which photo you want to try, get the items needed and do a bit of research in areas you think you may need to look into to help with the build ?
People will always enjoy your work and help with advice in here.

3 Likes

For all taking part in this and that have shown interest in doing the same: Build a Photo MK2 group build in 2021. I am going to bite the bullet and make the other thread I started the actual one for a 2021 build. I will edit the initial post as to those interested and proper rules and regs and go from there. Keep an eye out for it.

2 Likes

Field modifications are done:

4 Likes

Ive changed my mind of what hurt locker scene I want to make, Instead of building the awesome scene of him pulling up the 150mm shells, (I didnt want to spend days sculpting the fig into the correct position.) Im going to build the scene of the guy Renner replaced walking towards the IED in the beginning of the movie.

This will not be 100% accurate to the photo as the figs legs are a little different and once again i wanted to do this as quick as possible.
So pretty much in about 6-7 hours I turned this

Into this
Imgur
Imgur
I apologize for the photos they look horrible, I took them at night with my phone. The figs honestly look pretty bad in these photos but they will looked better in different light.

2 Likes

Looks good, Pasi! Looking forward to see more :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I love it! the guy looks great, and I can’t wait to see the outcome. the Hurt Locker is one of my favorite movies, so I’m going to be watching this intently!

Hi gang, With a month to go, is it too early to be asking about an extension? I just got back from five weeks working away from home and I doubt my build will make it in time now…