Building a 1:50 Scale Truck Dock

I have been working on a 1/50scale diorama for a customer. It’s a truck dock that will handle about 6 fully fledge trucks. Docks for 4 full fledged truck and trailer and two single trucks without their trailers. Lots of fittings with bits and pieces of XPS to get things to fit perfectly or close. I Used lots of XPS to make the structure light but more sturdy. So far so good. The total dimension will be 60 x 100cm. I got an Ikea flat table board to use as a base for this diorama. I also have detailing on the roof, but have to do some painting first. Just commissioned a friend to do some 3D objects for me, for the roof. The 3D drawings look fantastic. Also going to be doing a removable section of an adjacent building, just so the customer can be able to take nice photos without a disturbing background disrupting the scene. We’ll see how the end results will turn out. So far things are coming together nicely.

An Ikea table top was used as the base fro this diorama:

4 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

1 Like

Detailing:

2 Likes

Building conduits for the roof HVACs.

1 Like

3D printed AC and HVACs and flood lighting cases:

2 Likes

Scratch build heavy barn door-like industrial gates and door:

3 Likes

How it looks when in place, without any weathering:

3 Likes

With weathering done:

5 Likes

Adding another addition to the adjacent bay. I also did some soldering for the flood lights that will be added.

2 Likes

So far so good.

2 Likes

Almost there:

3 Likes

Lights have been added and some other details, that unfortunately cannot be seen in the photos. The client has already picked up his diorama. Hope you all have enjoyed the show. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Well done Charles !

:+1: :+1: :+1:

H.P.

2 Likes

Great looking diorama Charles. :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for looking guys.

That is a stunning bit ( very large bit lol) of work. It looks fantastic from every angle… And absolutely fantastic intricately detailed pieces and scratch building… It can’t be faulted. Well done that man !!

1 Like

Thanks alot, Johnny.

2 Likes

Charles,

Your skill and imagination is incredible. Like Johnnych01 said, it looks fantastic from every angle.

Love to see 1:50, too.

Exceptional modeling.

1 Like