Building a DasWerk 1/16th Stug III

What no comments? I thought for shure someone would say something.
The Idiot remark was for the people who write the instructions.
On this kit if you don’t fix the suspension it will mostly collapse , the model weighs almost 2 pounds and the track looks ready to fall off.
I should have taken a Pic. when it was in that condition.
Regards
Donald

3 Likes

Looks great Donald! Love your detailed builds, they are grest guides.

2 Likes

Thank You

2 Likes

I have the Camo finished , it’s not ment to represent any one vehicle.

I’ll be adding the rest of the small parts next.
Donald

5 Likes

I’ve never been sure if the interior of German road wheels were painted or left in the primer coat (oxide red). Anyone have any definitive answer?

From my refrences the panzer 3 wheels had tubes joining the inner and outer wheels as one assembly, I think logically they would be primed before assembly otherwise it would be almost impossible to paint them. But Hey what do I know.
From what I have read the Camo. was usually done by the tank crew, They were issued color pigments to mix with what ever carrier they had handy. That’s why the various shades of Green and Brown varried.
Spray- Brush - slop it on with a mop Etc.
Regards
Donald

2 Likes

I believe the tanks came from the factory already painted in dunkelgelb (yellow), the paints provided to the troops were green and brown.
And in the factory, wouldn’t they paint the roadwheels before they put them on the tank? Both Sides? Just speculating.

2 Likes

It could be either way, probably depends upon how much paint they had on hand.
A lot of times the parts were painted by the sub suppliers.
Donald

2 Likes

I’m Finished with this one.

3 Likes

Some thoughts on this build.
#1 The fit was fairly good.
#2 I like the tool clasps molded onto the pioneer Tools I hate the PE ones
$3 The molding was very good.
Now the Negatives
#1 The Track sucks especially the instructions on their instalation.
#2 The Suspension with the torsion bars , you will have to glue the swing arms in place or it will bottom out on the rubber bumper stops.
#3 If you try following the instructions on the wheels well good luck with that.

I have shown how I did it , I think it is fairly straight forward.

Regards and best wishes
Donald

2 Likes

Oh in case any of you are interested here are some Pics. of the Galery Models Stug II that I did earlier .

3 Likes

Another great build,and a nice tutorial

2 Likes