Building a Strabokran 16 Ton Crane

This kit came with the Panther I finished last , hopefully it will be better than the Panther.

Regards
Donald

8 Likes

Fantastic! Another very interesting build to follow and learn :+1:

1 Like

Is this the 1/48 Suyata kit?
:smiley: :canada:

I believe this is the TAKOM 1/35 Fries Krane based on this building-a-panther-ausf-d-late-with-interior-new

2 Likes

That is correct.
Regards
Donald

2 Likes

Wait until you get to the bit where the travelling truck is installed with all its cables. It is supposed to be functional, but in the end I had to give up and glue it solid. You may do better - good luck!

1 Like

I did that from the start then after all the cables were installed I coated them with super glue to keep there shape.
Donald

1 Like

Now here are the pics.

I’m working on the legs now , everything is being glued in place.
Regards
Donald

6 Likes

I have some more finished.

man that cable install was really tough , especially getting the cable throu gh the tight places.
Regards
Donald

6 Likes

Cables look nice and tight. Outstanding work! :wrench::slightly_smiling_face:

—mike

2 Likes

I have the major assemblies together

Now for some painting.
Regards
Donald

9 Likes

I have the exact tankom 1/35 scale 16tStrabokran thank so much for the great photographs they will help I know it wasn’t going to be easy when looking to see it was buried at the bottom of the stash box but your photos will be very helpful good luck when you paint it

1 Like

I have it painted and finished.
Here are the Pics.

Just a few thoughts , there are some options in the kit that unless you have the kit you wouldn’t know about.
#1 There are alternate Wheel drums to build it without the Tires mounted.
#2 There are 4 Crank handles for use when raising the towers.
they don’t have a designated storage location so I left them on their crank areas.
Regards
Donald

4 Likes