C-8A Buffalo from AModel 1/144

Yes, I had to google it too when I saw the box, but apparently DHC put turboprop engines on some of their Carribou and called them Buffalo. So this is going to be my next project.

5 Likes

These two (Caribou and Buffalo) have intrigued me, but they never seem to be available at reasonable prices in 1/72. Love to see how this one builds up.

If you think the Turboprops are neat, look at what NASA did

2 Likes

…and its even carrier certified, because why not. The kit is a shortrun and the fit is not great. However im having fun so far.

edit : I just noticed the jet version from NASA has fixed undercarriage.

2 Likes

Today i painted the interiour and started to glue in the individual passanger windows. After the first three i gave up, individual windows in 1/144 is too much for me and there is nothing to be seen inside anyway. The windows will be filled in with putty and painted on.

A lot of putty is needed. A LOT.

2 Likes

Fill in, sand, repeat…

4 Likes

It will be worth it Jacob :smile:

Hopefully. I just noticed its a heavy tail sitter, which i didnt realise…oh well.

So i managed to sqeeze some lead into the engines via wheel bays. The first coat of colour is hand painted, the shading will be done with airbrush

1 Like

So this project is slowly coming to the end. Decals were horrible to be honest, so i ended up painting some part with the brush.

4 Likes

And a third picture done in daylight. Props were a challenge as were the wheels. Despite the fact that there is a .40 cal bullet worth of lead in the plane it is still a taildragger

4 Likes

So this one is done. Its been a fight, but given that the kit is 1/144 it was a short fight.

5 Likes

Looks excellent Jacob, nicely done :smile: