"Café du coin" diorama recently finished

I use Diodump for the cafe. The truck come from French Artisan Al By it’s Citroën Type 23 tthe figures come from Stalingrad, Mk 35 the desk from verlinden and Miniart

29 Likes

I enjoy seeing peacetime scenes like this and I appreciate the careful staging and the excellent use of color. The facade of the cafe really draws the eye into the scene. A very nicely detailed interior too with lots of great bits and bobs like the writing pad on the desk and the rotary dial phone. My favourite thing is the cobbles- lovely variety of color but realistic too.

3 Likes

As Karl said… Very nice composition!

—mike

3 Likes

thank you very much I appreciate your comment :grinning: :grinning:

2 Likes

That is a really nice tranquil scene, the yellow makes it pop. Did the cobblestone paint scheme take a lot of time to plan?

Une bouteille d’vin svp!

1 Like

Love this ‘daily’ scene

1 Like

this is how I painted
the first base colors airbrushed. The paving stones will be transplanted with a brush as will the curbs. I’m going to let it dry quietly and tomorrow a little coat of VMS varnish to protect everything.

with a brush randomly select some pavers with Humbrol shades. After drying I will apply a Natural Ombre juice to highlight the hollows.
Then on the sidewalks I use Oilbrushers to give contrast.
I do the same on the facade of the café by adding green to the lower part to simulate the accumulated humidity.
Once again I will let it dry and I will finish the patina using pastels.

6 Likes

Very nice composition.Nice storytelling. Good detail.
If I may give a bit of constructive criticism, I miss “dirt”. It is too clean for my taste.

Very nice ‘slice of life’ scene here. I like all aspects of it but will agree with @Luk_Schrijvers that it appears a little too clean for a city/village street. Doesn’t necessarily need trash or garbage, but a build up of dirt and grime in the gutters and bases of the buildings. Perhaps you’ve already done this and the camera isn’t doing justice. Anyway, nice composition and scene.
Cheers,
C.

1 Like

thank you both of you, it’s true that the dirt is lacking a little!

1 Like

Nice work !

1 Like

Very sweet! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Nice truck, and la vieille dame is terrific. Maybe someone looking out of the upstairs window might be nice??

1 Like

Tres Bien. Very nice, indeed. The old smiley guy looks very friendly.

1 Like

Thanks you very much !you are right there is a figurine missing upstairs I think I will definitely add one

About Citroën type 23 :

Some modifications

I changed the rear wings they come from an Opel Revell kit

4 Likes