Carrier Crossing cont

Hi Ski,

Thanks for the positive feedback and your continued support, :slightly_smiling_face:.

Cheers, :beer:,

G

Thanks for the monos they look too cool but where’s the crew gone? Hope you’re not done yet, I’d like to see a set of photos of the finished article. Oh yeah did I mention this is a masterpiece? :tumbler_glass: :tumbler_glass: :tumbler_glass:

Hi Tim,

Thank you for your kind words, :slightly_smiling_face:. No, not done yet, still working on the water, but it’s slow work letting layers dry, so small gains each time.

The crew will get done, though it seems it’s the figure painting, or should that be…the fear of figure painting…that derails me, :thinking: :unamused:. I still have the Churchill in the snow crew to finish, :disappointed:.

G

G-man, get after them figs in due time, but remember, ya gotta have fun doing them and then you’ll notice they seem to work out just fine. We learn to walk before we run, we drool before we learn to speak, and we use our hands before we use a fork. Point bein, none of us walk on water, so it’s just a matter of practice, right?

Keep er rollin Bro, this scenario is really starting to pop!

Hi Ski,

Thanks for the kind words regarding the scene thus far, :slightly_smiling_face:.

Of course your right about the figures, but I have a real mental block about them at the moment, but I do need to get my fat butt into gear and bite the bullet, :smile:.

G

1 Like

Get her done!

I finished mine, you can finish yours. :joy:

Hi Ryan,

Now you’re just showing off, :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

Which kit have you finished, and which build to look for to find the finished article? :slightly_smiling_face:.

G

My Tamiya Stuart

There is a bunch I dislike about what I did but I must move on to the next build, Finemolds Ho-I is due in Jan.

Hi Ryan,

Just checked it our, excellent build, :slightly_smiling_face:.

G

1 Like

Thanks G. I am liking this and your other build better keep up the good work.

Hi Ryan,

Thank you, :slightly_smiling_face:.

Looking forward to your Finemolds Ho-I build, there’s something about WW2 Japanese tanks that appeals visually, not unlike the ‘Stuart’, it’s that sort of ‘cobbled together’ look that I like, :slightly_smiling_face:.

G

Looks like I’m sorta late for the party here…not sure how I missed this one but I have to concur with the other posts here, you nailed the water. The vegetation looks remarkable. Figures and overall painting looks great. Just a very well done diorama. :+1:t2: :+1:t2:

Cheers,
C.

They are different, the Ho-I being a late war design isn’t much bigger then the Stuart which is not a big vehicle to start with when compared to other tanks and the Ho-I is like there “heavy tank” as I recall. This will be another lightly weathered vehicle as only a few where made and kept on the mainland for defense. Mine will be from the tank school so lots of free hands and time to keep busy with cleaning.

This build is amazing!!! The water looks totally real for this scale! And the weathering on the carrier looks great! :smile:

If you want (off line) guidance with painting your figs, just contact me. Not that I am the best fig painter around, but I manage… Maybe I can be of any help!!! This (and the Churchill) dio deserves to come to a good end…

Beauty build G , excellent work man !!

Hi Ezra,

Thank you very much for your kind words, they’re much appreciated, :slightly_smiling_face:.

G

Hi Erwin,

Thanks you for the kind offer, I might well take you up on it if I continue to struggle, as it’s delaying me finishing off two builds…soon be three, :roll_eyes:.

G

Hi Glenn,

Thank you for your kind words, and continued support, :slightly_smiling_face:.

G

You’ve got a PM