CHAVRE vickers conversion

Hi guys,
I have attempted to do a vickers CHAVRE using a Tamiya kit as a base and scratch building the rest, I did have a Dragon badger ‘conversion’ kit but I used very little of it and TBH it was really a waste of money! Fruil tracks and the mine plough was from Newland models.
Hope you like what you see and any comments on what I have missed etc are very welcome😄

A bit picture heavy
, hope you like it,

Cheers
Jacko

17 Likes

Impressive. I didn’t read your caption at first and thought this was a real vehicle!

4 Likes

I looked at that first photo for about 30 seconds thinking it was the real vehicle. Astounding finishing on this model - photo-realistic. Outstanding work and fantastic presentation.

3 Likes

Can’t comment about accuracy. However the finish is brilliant and I love the damaged bin.

Olivier

1 Like

top level! doyou have some pics of wip?

1 Like

Thanks for your comments if you have a week to spare the WIP is here😂

2 Likes

Like the others have said, your photography made your model look like 1:1 scale reference material. I cannot comment on accuracy but the details and weathering looks great.

1 Like

Outstanding, cant be faulted really … thats some great work being presented there Ivan. Like Matt @SSGToms I had to do a double take as I thought the first image was a 1 to 1 real reference shot :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Sorry to repeat what the other guys said, but I had to do a double take on the first picture. I have been scratch building this predecessor for the past 30 years. Yes I said 30 years. I started the mine plow this year before the newland kit came out. I’m crying on the inside :sob::sob::sob:. 10/10. The only issue I have is the chains on the fascine.

2 Likes

Sorry mate😄 thanks for the comments,yep your correct on the chains and no netting either! I just lost the will to live with it in the end and just wanted it finished.

Thanks everyone else for your comments and likes👍

1 Like

Very impressive! Broken record here, but yeah, I did a double take at the first pic.

1 Like

By chance, do you have any pics of the newlands mine plow instruction sheet or WIP pictures.

1 Like