Chinese knock-offs

The Chinese do not respect any copy right or patent rights. Name an industry and you will find Chinese copies.

4 Likes

Reminds me of the good old days when Digital Equipment Corporation aka DEC reined and VAX was state of the art.

VAX - when you care enough to steal the very best

2 Likes

The engineers putting that cyrillic text on there must have laughed a lot when they did it.
There was another story about a Soviet microchip copy where the original design had been revised by removing some very small thing but the adjacent area had not been revised so one of the conducting surfaces passing the area had a 90 degree angled detour (straight - right turn - left turn - left turn - right turn - straight) which could have been revised to a straight line instead. The poor copyist copied it faithfully since he wasn’t sure that it could be straightened without affecting the function. Better to copy the strange design than go on a prolonged “vacation” in Siberia …

There is also a tale about a misplaced rivet hole on the wing of a B-29 copied by the Soviets:

3 Likes

Interesting article, never knew the copy was that exact!
My other interest is old computers and although I haven’t got one myself, I understand that the Soviet clones of the Sinclair ZX Spectrum, are so identical, that they’ll run original ZX software with no compatibility issues.

Wow what a great article and overall story.

My purchase experience as posted on another thread…

Update: After many purchase attempts, a lot of leg-work and a long trail of e-mails, I was finally able to purchase the authentic ‘LiveResin’ figure pair.

I didn’t ask the eBay seller for a refund, however, I left a very scathing review accusing him of counterfeiting. I just feel much better now, knowing that my money went to the right place.

—mike

5 Likes