Churchill Mk.VII Wintercamouflage Operation Blackcock, Germany 1945

I finished a Tamiya Churchill Mk.VII, depicting it as one that might have taken part in the Operation Blackcock offensive in the Geilenkirchen area, Germany 1945.
I used tissue for the sheets, railroad dioramacover powder + paint for the mud, found an old figure in the sparesbox et presto…

4 Likes

12 Likes

And the inspiration:

The caption of the first image places this at Lindern, in northern Germany, but the timeline, the weather and the close proximity of British and US troops do not support that.

7 Likes

Very impressive, you’ve achieved the look thats shown in the photographs perfectly. I’ve tried a winter camo on a KV2 and was very disappointed with the results but, you’ve nailed it. Really nice looking Churchill.

Watto. :clap::clap::beers:

2 Likes

Ties in with the photos very well. Excellent.

2 Likes

@flatfour @Rokket2001 Thanks! It was a bit of a gamble, sloshing on the white paint, but it worked well.

2 Likes

Gambles are scary, but you have another tested skill!

2 Likes

Very atmospheric Ron; looks cold, wet and horrible. Lovely work.

the only thing, and forgive me - you may not have the storage/display height necessary - would be the addition of some antennae. I think it’s also crying out for a small base, but still, it captures the essence of a military winter (by that I mean everything is made difficult and everything hurts!) very well.

Keep at it Ron.

3 Likes

Indeed, I have forgotten those!!
I actually am forced to do tanks without base, even though some desperately call for one, because of space issues. I have none left…

2 Likes