Classic Cluster Gundam - finished (again)!

Anyone who knows me knows I have a thing for old kits and obscure subjects. However, I also have a thing for cool robots, and if you stick a cannon on its shoulder or a beam shield on its arm, chances are good I’m going to buy it. Now… what if you have an old kit, that also has a beam shield??? Yeah, you KNOW that’s going to get me excited!

And, it just so happens Bandai must have known that too, since they reissued a bunch of F-91 and Silhouette F-91 kits a couple of years ago. The first one I had a chance to get to the bench was the 1/100 Cluster Gundam. This has a special place in my heart, too, since I build one way back in the middle-late 1990s, when I was just getting into Gundam kits and anime in general.

Thankfully, my skills have improved some since then, so this time I think I was able to do the Cluster justice. Check it out below, and let me know what you think. I never thought that there’s be retro Gundam modelling, but I guess it proves not only can you go back again, but that everything old is new again, too!

1 Like