Colonel Klink And Sergeant Schultz

While we are exploring this subject of the dehumanizing aspects of war and the education of people regarding the past let us not forget contributing factors that created an atmosphere ripe for growth of despots - the Treaty of Versailles for one in Europe , Admiral Perry sailing into Japan pointing guns and threatening to come back and use them if you don’t meet demands in the Pacific.
Horrific things like world wars don’t spring out of a vacuum. Will we ever learn?

2 Likes

Unfortunately no, not until all people stop the desire to control and take from others. It will be wash and repeat til this pile of rock stops spinning.

3 Likes

Sadly I must agree.

3 Likes

There are several Hogan’s Heroes videos on YouTube. You could always do some screen shots from them for some full figure images.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Randy :slight_smile:

3 Likes

On a side note, John Banner (Sgt Schultz) made a cameo appearance as a German mayor in The Young Lions. He was much less sympathetic there…

H.P.

I recently saw him on a Perry Mason episode. Definitely not the bungling Schulz.

I believe the problem is there are so many people who believe the biggest lies you tell them.They seem to dont care,as long as they want to believe.At this demonstration were 30000 people,the organisator went to the stage and tell them: “wow,one and a half million people here today!” an they dont laugh about it,they celebrate that there are so many people…This real happend to

1 Like

I think you’ll find it happens everywhere.

2 Likes

That’s true, but if that’s the current reality, then understanding between people with different views is no longer possible. Facts must be facts and lies must be lies, that’s the starting point of every discussion. How can you have a serious talk with someone, who did not accept the facts? There are facts I don’t like to, but that’s no reason to ignore them or to refuse them

4 Likes

4 Likes

Lies simply don’t work when they are TOO obvious. Dan Rather of CBS ran a news story using documents which supposedly proved that then-President Bush was AWOL during his National Guard service. Trouble was that the documents were quickly proven to be forgeries and CBS had to fire Rather and several other involved employees.

1 Like

Or when the lies start to contradict one an other.
“I was practically raised Puerto Rican.”
“I was raised Polish.”
“I used to go to an African American Church.”
“I attended Catholic mass.”
Or when they’re simply outlandish:

“I went to law school on a full academic scholarship, the only one in my class who had a full academic scholarship,” … “The first year in law school, I decided I didn’t want to be in law school and ended up in the bottom two-thirds of my class. And then decided I wanted to stay, went back to law school and, in fact, ended up in the top half of my class.”
He also claimed he “graduated with three degrees from undergraduate school.”

Three lies in one!

But out of curiosity, when is being in the top half of anything good? How about top one percent?

Maybe as an guilty pleasure I painted general Roy (Sean Connery) from Stoessi’s Heroes in 28 mm.
They have a Klink & Schultz too. Just fun!

And my Roy

4 Likes

The irony is that of all people, police officers probably hear the most lies of any human beings on Earth.

Of course police officers often tell lies on purpose, to trick people into giving up information or to defuse a dangerous situation.

1 Like

Sadly this site has been essentially abandoned: Cats That Look Like Hitler!

1 Like

Really interesting contributions, although I fear we’re fast approaching a wall of flak if we take the more off-topic parts of this discussion much further. Methinks it’s time to bail out :parachute:

2 Likes

I like this figures, I have “feldwebel steiner”, don’t know the name, they use for him. Maybe there are more special-figures?

1 Like

Youre right, everyone had said his opinion, and I think, we’re not far away from the other meaning. And noone wants a duel with anotherone, so it’s possible to speak about. In germany it could be dangerous to say things like this, I mean in the way you get trouble with people who can"t accept other point of views.
I hope to get other interesting facts about “hogans heros”, see it different now then before

1 Like

Just one more thing I want to say: I’m not sure that you are right, if a lie is told often enough, it willl be believed, does’nt matters how stupid the story is

There’s always room for one more at the kiddie table.

1 Like