Combat: British Rifleman versus French Skirmisher, Peninsula War and Waterloo 1808-15 | Armorama™

This is a review by Randy L Harvey of Combat: British Rifleman versus French Skirmisher, Peninsula War and Waterloo 1808-15 from Osprey Publishing by author David Greentree and illustrator Adam Hook.

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://armorama.com/news/combat-british-rifleman-versus-french-skirmisher-peninsula-war-and-waterloo-1808-15
1 Like

This subject this out of my general area of Interest, I do think it’s interesting. I’ve watched parts of the series Sharps Rifles, and whenever I do come it makes me want to pick up one of these books. Then again, looks like this make me want to go and find movies on the subject, who!

Not my normal area of interest either. However the subject was interesting to read about. It is interesting to read about how much warfare has changed over the years.

Thank you,
Randy :slight_smile:

I served in the descendent regiment of the 95th Rifles.
This is just the opening story of that historic and pioneering regiment who set the standards and cast the mould for the modern British Army.

2 Likes