Construction pretty much completed on the 48’ Reefer Trailer. SMS Premium White, Stainless Steel and Insignia Red used. Decals from Auslowe and my spares stash. Last photo has 3 x 1/24 Corvettes for size reference.
Last couple of things to do are find some small clear discs for reversing lights (go beside the red tail lights), pinwash all over and some pigments for dust accumulation.
@Stryker45, I’m not sure! I’m worried that anything I use to seal them will alter the effect. Once it’s done, it will be going in a display cabinet and not touched, so I might leave it for a while and see how it lasts.
Some progress on the Western Star as well. Interior colour scheme chosen. Instrument panel decal in place.
One column and two rows in……I should not have done this. This is madness. In the end it might be just a solid plastic sheet until another option is available.
Oh man that reefer looks good. Yeah, you might be right about elements changing if sealer is applied. I guess next best thing is leave it if it’s going to sit behind a glass cabinet.
Not much bench time for the past week, but a little progress on the Western Star. The cabin parts are detailed and almost ready for assembly. I just need to fit the clear parts and mask the door windows from the inside (I’m cutting the clear parts and just fitting the quarter windows).
The Reefer is completed, but I will wait until the Western Star is completed and weather to pair together for a consistent finish.
That cabin is looking great Damian. I hope I can re-animate my Bedford soon to add more builds to this campaign.
Thanks Michael, it will be great to see your Bedford back on the bench once that Ferrari moves to the display cabinet!
I’ve masked up the windows ready to assemble the cab for painting. I cut the side quarter windows off and fitted them, then masked the main side window sections and taped them in place from the inside for the paint session. I can gently push them in and fish them out through the opening once paint is done.
Good to get some bench time today, I made some progress on several builds.
On the Western Star, I cleaned up the parts for the Sleeper Cab and primed the interior.
I also started on the assembly of the main cabin.
I hope everybody is safe and well.