Completed Pz II Flamingo

This is the first kit I’ve completed from the start since returning to the hobby in March after doing weathering on my AB41 that I had previously built & painted. This is ICM’s 1/35 Panzer II “Flamingo”, it was a real pig of a kit but I’m happy with the end result. I didn’t do anything groundbreaking with this one, just stuck to my old methods to get back in practice a bit. The only additions are wire handles under the side tanks, stretched sprue antenna and some spare track from Fruil leftovers.
I built the individual link tracks successfully for the first time and cemented them to the roads wheels & sprockets, so was able to carefully remove them as an assembly for finishing. I did try Tamiya weathering pigments on this one. It is finished in model master enamel with oils for the pin wash and drybrushing. Also pictured for comparison is my Pz II that I built about 15 years ago.
Thanks for looking!
G

5 Likes

Well done!
I like the subtle weathering :smiley:

1 Like

Admittedly not my usual area of interest, but its a nice little kit, well built and a very nice overall finish with a subtle weathering. Well done and thanks for posting the images

1 Like