CONEX Container Confusion 🤔

Gecko Models (35GM0112) US Military 8’ Storage Container Set [Vietnam War Era]

PACKAGE MISPRINT
“This kit contents 10 pc water & fuel cans each with photo-etching & decal parts.”
This kit does not include said water & fuel cans.

My real question:

1. The bottom piece shows how I’ve removed Styrene (chiseled) up to the dotted line as shown in the 2nd option of the instructions. Note how the PE Placard is very much undersize.

1. However, the included decals are a perfect match for the PE Placards.

2. And furthermore, the suspect dotted cut-lines appear on the inside of the container panels.

Any thoughts on why the Gecko Model instructions give the option of removing said material? :thinking:

Thank’s in advance,
—mike

1 Like

Possibly a future kit with a window. Connexes were often used as a guard shack w/windows and doors.

3 Likes

You can see the vent hole on the right side. Maybe it’s a vent hole.

2 Likes

Windows/vents/doors… now that makes perfect sense. Thank’s for getting me outa’ that box! Your quick replies (and image) are very much appreciated. :package::package:

—mike

2 Likes

My friend Gabe and I ran four Best Warrior Competitions together. This is him acting as a local for one one of the events in which a team has to questions locals. The use of old containers is an inexpensive way to represent structures of various types. Some simply have holes cut out. Some are bit more elaborate.

8 Likes

That looks pretty sophisticated, simulated stone ?

2 Likes

I think it’s a wrap.

3 Likes

Ah, cool.

1 Like

Another question…
What type of shackles were used for general-purpose or air-lifting the CONEX Boxes via the top corner loops? Any aftermarket recommendations?:hook::package:

—mike

1 Like

Would this help ?

Looks like no shackles are used, only hooks, just like in the drawing below (not a CONEX though…)

H.P.

2 Likes

That was my initial thought. I guess hooks would be quicker to attach than shackles.:hook:

Thank’s Frenchy!
—mike

1 Like

another option from MR Modellbau

H.P.

2 Likes