Correcting dragon panther ausf.F at 1/35 scale?

Hello, I got the 6917 reference and someone told me that the hatches were wrong, how har would it be to correct it (if it’s too hard, it’s going to be a panther asf.G hull fitted with a Schmalturm during its production or a 8,8cm panther ausf.G since I’ll do my E-50 as a technical).

Thanks for your answer!

1 Like

@sgeorges4

The second, third, and fifth unfinished hulls are Pz.Kpfw. Panther Ausf.F hulls mixed in with Pz.Kpfw. Panther Ausf.G hulls. Source: Germany’s Panther Tank: The Quest for Combat Supremacy

Picture used for discussion only.

I think RFM got it correct.

Looks like what Chesapeake Model Designs said do in their Panther F conversion.

The Panther F was basically the new small turret using the existing Panther G hull. There was a planned change to the hull hatches from what I understand for the Panther F. The G’s swing hatches some times were blocked by the main gun. I think the plan was to change the hull hatches so they went up and rotated so the main gun couldn’t block them from opening.

Here are shots of the Chesapeake Model Designs Panther F Turret Instructions for building a Panther F out of a Tamiya Panther G.

Bill Miley owner of CMD excelled at getting this stuff correct back in the day. Bill had a real T-55 wheel and build his masters based off of the real thing accordingly. He was an ultra hard core master modeler.

I’d planned to build a Panther F using CMD’s conversion for the Tamiya kit as DML’s old Imperial #9004 wasn’t the best. I’m sure the newer DML kits are better.

This shows the hull hatch difference. The picture and the top should also help.

In Jentz’s book, Germany’s Panther Tank: The Quest for Combat Supremacy there’s a drawing of 8.8 cm gun in the small turret. Looks super tight, not sure if the loader would have been able to load the gun tight. Looks like an ergonomic nightmare.

1 Like

ok so not that hard to correct, just have to replace the hatch with styrene (or do a panther ausf.G with a 8,8cm or 7,5cm schmalturm)

1 Like