Cozmic Scale Models

Hi all,

Has anyone any experience of dealing with Cozmic Scale Models of Bradford, UK?

I’d seen some of their products on eBay, but they always seem to be suppliers from the States, so always suffixed with a heavy postage rate, so had avoided them. Because of that I’d always presumed they were an American company, so was surprised when I found the above website.

Has anyone dealt with them, was the experience a good one, and were their products as good as they look on their site, :thinking:?

Any feedback. positive, or otherwise, would be greatly appreciated, :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:.

Cheers, :beer:,

G

2 Likes

Yeah bought a couple of things from them and they are good. Arrived quickly and well packed.

I’ve done their TNG Shuttle Pod. A single piece print that needed a little sanding and some Mr Surfacer in a few spots to remove print lines, but other than that was a lot of fun to work on. The decals worked well, but they are printed on a clear sheet so you do need a white or some other light colour behind them.

I’ve also got one of the Starfleet Workbee’s and the STV Shuttle Galileo to do.
I do recommend them, they’ve got a lot of interesting stuff and it’s great for UK modellers to finally have someone close to home doing SF kits and accessories.

Their Space Balls Eagle Winnebago is on my wish list. I’m hoping they scale it down to 1/72.

8 Likes

Here’s a couple of other builds from YouTube.
The Starfleet Airtram from TMP. One of those briefly seen vehicles I never thought we would see kitted.

And the Landram from the original Battlestar Galactica.

3 Likes

Thanks for the prompt feedback Stephen, and the vid links, they’re all much appreciated., :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:.

I agree with your comment about ‘close to home’, methinks I might treat myself to some of the Space 1999 bits-and-bobs to go with my Eagle collection, and see how it pans out, :slightly_smiling_face:.

This could launch my first trip into the worlds of science fiction modelling, :slightly_smiling_face:.

Thanks again, and cheers, :beer:,

G

2 Likes

Happy to help.
I’ve had some really bad resin SF stuff in the past, so the sharpness and details on their 3D prints was a nice surprise. I’m definitely planning on getting a few more.
Good to see their range being added to as well. Just noticed the Fifth Element figures. Those look really cool.

2 Likes

Yes, the Fifth Element Figures do look good, :slightly_smiling_face:, as do the Red Dwarf crew…they’re very tempting, :thinking: :slightly_smiling_face:.

I’ve just ordered some of the Space 1999 crew figures in 1/72nd and 1/48th scale, so will be interested to see how they pan out.

Thanks again,

G, :beer:

2 Likes

It’s a new age gentlemen, although I don’t orbit the SF universe very often it’s comforting to see new and unexpected subjects being reproduced for the scale modelers that follow the genre. These are good times my friends.

Stephen @phantom_phanatic, this little guy is just cute as a button, not a put down, if I could just figure out how to incorporate this into a VN AFV display it might just fit on the back of an M35 deuce . . . who knows?

Cajun :crocodile:

4 Likes

Thanks it was a great little thing to work on. Little bit of cleaning up and you’re straight in with painting.

Time travel was always a common feature. Maybe it got sent back accidentally and crashed?
Cozmic have recently done Quark’s Ferengi shuttle that would be great for a Roswell crash diorama!

Talking about the size, the Type-15 was tiny! The full size prop was only just big enough for 2 cast members to sit in.

3 Likes

Keith is an excellent chap who is great to deal with. The postage is a bit steep but that has nothing to do with him. I have most of his BSG Hangar Bay equipment and all are great quality as far as I’m concerned. Here is a image of some of the pieces.

3 Likes

yep i bought some stuff from them in the past and they were pretty reliable.

2 Likes

Thanks to Don and David for their positive feedback, I’ve been and ordered some bits-and-bobs, so looking forward to receiving them, :slightly_smiling_face:.

3 Likes

Welcome to the dark side Terry, your post made me chuckle, :laughing:, methinks it’s not beyond the realms of Star Trek to manage a time travel episode to the paddy fields of south-east Asia, :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:. Kirk and Spock trying to defend a shuttlecraft from Victor Charlie, :thinking: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

3 Likes

Hi all,

My first order from ‘Cozmic Scale Models’ arrived yesterday afternoon and, as Stephen, Don and David mentioned, it was a painless exercise, :slightly_smiling_face:.

Some additions to my ‘Space 1999’ collection of Eagles…

The Cozmic items are as follows…

They’re well boxed and protected…

And whilst I haven’t yet opened them all, what I have examined, both 1/72nd (orange) and 1/48th (grey), the quality looks very nice.

This is my first ever purchase, both from Cozmic, and of resin figures, and, based on initial examination, I would certainly recommend them, and will be purchasing more items…especially if Keith (Cozmic) delivers on his promise to produce Space 1999 nuclear waste containers in both scales, :slightly_smiling_face:.

G, :beer

3 Likes

glad it all worked out well for you :sunglasses:

1 Like

Glad you liked them. And thanks for posting photos of the figures. I’m planning on getting the 1/72 DS9 crew for the old AMT Runabout.

1 Like

The photos don’t do the figures justice Stephen, there are really nice, but very fine, facial features on both the 1/48th and 1/72nd figures that don’t show up well in the above images.

If the DS9 crew are anything like the Space 1999 ones I think you’re going to be very pleased with them, :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:.

2 Likes