Curtiss SOC-3 Seagull - Hasegawa 1/72

Rodolfo, superb work. I just received mine in the mail. I did find the Starfighter interior but I don’t have that superior engine you used.

Love the yellow-wing era but I think I’ll make mine in camouflage.

Such an unusual looking plane, but a very interesting build to watch, Rodolfo :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Base almost done … I’m in doubt … do have I add some white to the waves ?

by Rodolfo Masti, on Flickr

9 Likes

You could probably pick out a few wave tops here and there, but I think it looks very nice as it is.

1 Like

You sometimes don’t truely appreciate a model build until you’ve tried it yourself, Rodolfo @Rod_The-Fixer this little SOC floater is beautiful and I love it! This era of naval aviation is not represented well in 72 scale by the model moguls and that’s a shame, thanks for sharing your talent.

Cajun :crocodile:

2 Likes

Gallery - Curtiss SOC-3 Seagull VO-5 Battleship USS New York (Seaplane Version)

I hope you like it

14 Likes

Gallery - Curtiss SOC-3 Seagull VO-4 Battleship USS Colorado (Land Plane Version)

I hope you like it

13 Likes

Love them. :wave:

Outstanding, clean work!

A brilliant pair, Rod! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Oh man, that’s awesome!

I bought one of these last year in one of my “old and floaty” binges!

So great to see one being built! Mind you, it’s a bit intimidating as well, as I doubt I can do that well. Yours looks great!

I have been thinking; If I practice rigging and I hate it, or screw it up, I might just build some biplanes without rigging. Sure, I won’t win any shows, but I will have some cool models at the very least for my shelves. The rigging just seems like too much of a chance of screwing up all the hard work on the kit.

You’ve done great, though! Congrats!

1 Like

Superb models, Rodolfo

1 Like

Only recently joined forums so have just seen this conversation. Great kit and great model from it. I built this kit many years ago as a teenager. It was one of those kits that inspired me to continue with models. Hasegawa 1/72 in the 1980s left Airfix, Matchbox, Revell for dead.

2 Likes