DAP Beaufighter Mk 21 (Airfix convertion) 1:72 + CMK

My next project is a convertion of Airfix Beaufighter Mk X to Mk 21 using CMK set.
The base:

Add-ones:

First surprise - fuselage and wings sprues are curved:

Fortunatelly glued step by step will help.
I prepared the front of fuselage to conversion part from CMK:

and I glued vertical and horizontal fins:

7 Likes

Signed up for this one.

Andy, you have so far built all the same aircraft I have an interest in. Now this is the biggie, got to love me the big beast of a Beau - two engines closely followed by an aircraft.

Oh if you didn’t know don’t use the term “Whispering Death” as it has been proven the Japs didn’t call it that. It was some journalist said they did before the Beau was even in the Pacific theatre.

2 Likes

I glued wings. Now everything is OK.

Cockpit from CMK:
mounted

and painted

7 Likes

I finished the interior.

I glued the fuselage. Everything is OK. Both halves went together without problems.

Now I’m working on front of fuselage.

3 Likes

Sperry autopilot on place:

and fuselage is almost completed. Time to give him wings.

5 Likes

Nice progress so far, Andrzej! :slightly_smiling_face:
I should think about getting one of my Tamiya Beaus on the bench. Haven’t build one in years … :unamused:

1 Like

Wings added:

I also working with small parts:

6 Likes

I improved a bit landing lights.

And the model is ready for primer.

7 Likes

Looking good so far, Andrzej :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Preshading done. Ready for foliage green.

6 Likes

Nice. But your starboard horizontal stabilizer lokos a tad…unstable. It could just be the angle the plane is sitting.

Exactly it is. Look at the wing tips :slight_smile: One is higher than the other.

Painting began.

7 Likes

Going together well Andrzej, you’re nearing the finish line.

Except for the issue with the wing and fuselage everything else looks to have fallen together.

1 Like

I see that with the use of clamps you get a good join on the fuselage and wings. How good is the fit of wings to fuselage? Is there much filling needed in the wingroot joint?
:smiley: :canada:

1 Like

Generally it’s OK. I made a small mistake and I needed to pus some putty in front part of wings.

Hello, I’m Babs/Pistol Packin’ Gremlin :slight_smile:

As You can see I put all decals. And I painted some parts:

5 Likes

Wow! That’s already a great looking Aussie Beau, Andrzej! Wonderful work so far! :+1:

1 Like

The last straight.

5 Likes

Finished today. More pictures soon.

5 Likes