Darktrooper's Airfix ferret

I haven’t finished painting the turret yet, so I’ll swing by the hobby shop tomorrow for a dark blue. As for the fire extinguishers, i superglued them on so they’re not coming off without damaging the model.

I would highly recommend getting the wheels too. They look worlds better than the kits.

The only issue I have with the turret is the base. It’s not symmetrical to the shape of the turret.

1 Like

Cool, thanks for that info … I may get mine out the box to check it over for the shape etc and then decide.

1 Like

The shape of the kit turret isn’t wrong, the plastic is too thick

1 Like

Ah got ya, in that case, it may be ok, as I am having the hatches closed all over on mine.

1 Like

I recall the kit’s hatches were way too thick. The ones in your photos look much thinner. I assume they came with the turret?

2 Likes

Yeah the turret hatches come with it.

The drivers hatch and side hatches are in the Basic detail set.

2 Likes

Yeah, the side hatches were horribly overthick. I thought to sand them thinner but then it’s more work to display ythem open,

1 Like

I was just looking through the Ferret update sets, which all look good, and the kit cost me 22 or 23 quid at a show, but I going to have to spend that amount again to update it nicely … I wont be telling SWMBO lol

1 Like

Would she rather you spend the same amount on a lap dance? Tell her!

2 Likes

I think he’d rather be alive…

1 Like

Almost done.

1 Like

All done!

2 Likes

Nice. Gulf of Aden?

Cyprus, 1971

Nicely done. It built up into a decent little kit.

@Johnnych01 It did and I had a lot of fun building it, it was refreshing to enjoy building it.

1 Like

Very nice little model indeed!

(Now, where did I put my ancient |Cromwell version?)