Das Boot, Figures and Gun Deck

Das Boot
WWII German U-boat Crew on the Gun Deck
120mm Resin Scale Kit, Sculpted and Designed by Jeff Shiu

All figures painted in oils over an acrylic base. Flag and rigging were scratch built along with added deck seats, signal light power cable, and cable system rigging.

Jeff Shiu has an incredible ability to make figures work well together to create a very convincing scenario. This was a difficult set to work with, but once the prep work was completed the entire scene fell right into place nicely.

Cheers, Ski.

15 Likes

Outstanding!

3 Likes

Stunning. Absolutely amazing job!

3 Likes

Aha! There it is… the update I’ve been waiting for! :sweat_drops:

What a beautiful rendition! Very nicely done, Ski! :art: …:paintbrush:

—mike :star_struck:

3 Likes

It was a tough job but someone had to do it - and you did it brilliantly! :trophy:

3 Likes

Amazing ! I am envious of your skills - well done indeed Ski .
Cheers- RT

3 Likes

Thank you so kindly Gentlemen, and Tim, Ha! Ah, common, we’re Brothers by now, right? :rofl: :joy: :laughing: :sweat_smile: :thinking:

Yall are too kind and I thank you all for following along with this build. It was the toughest set I’ve ever had to deal with, but I really am glad Jeff has responded to market criticism in a productive manner. This means I can look forward to more incredible sculpts and enjoy the process of “flingin paint”, and that is a very good thang!

Thank you, Gentlemen, especially you, Tim, Ma Brotha from anotha Motha! :wink:

4 Likes

As stated by others its excellent work. :+1::+1:

3 Likes

I can nearly feel that salty wind and spray as I see the pics! You have really done the sculpts a great deal of justice- the poses and positioning as well as the careful, thoughtful painting has truly brought this scene to life. Right down to the expressions and the interactions- plus the attention to detail on the base to create that used, abused and rusty steel of the conning tower- basically it looks like I imagine a colorized photo of a real picture from the time would.

3 Likes

Fantastic done…

3 Likes

Absolutely stunning work … you can almost feel the swell of waves and sea mist on your face …

3 Likes

Great to see you made yourself finishing this set… Once completed it looks incredible… A very well thought out composition with lots of subtle details!

3 Likes

A Masterwork…just brilliant… outstanding and perfect in every way.

3 Likes

Thanks, Ryan!

Many thanks, Karl!

Tanks, Mucho!

Now that was what I was looking for, thanks, Johnny!

Thanks, Erwin, the grind is over, yehaaaaa!

Thank you, Brother, Matt.

4 Likes

WOW!!! fantastic job.wish i had a 1/10 of your talent.

2 Likes

Excellent. Seems Jeffs figures have improved. Superior job!. Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Thanks Gil and Danny.

1 Like

Beautiful work BroSki !!!
Having followed this and knowing you used at least one tube of Clearasil per figure the metamorphosis on your work is just brilliant !!!

1 Like

Lol, at least I spared the Bril-cream, right? Tanks, Broski.

1 Like

:clap:

2 Likes