Das Werk: Big Scale German Half-track | Armorama™

A month after another vendor's 1/16 scale announcement comes Das Werk's take on the Sd.Kfz. 251/1 Ausf. D vehicle. Note that from the box art states the kit is not a vendor collaboration but Das Werk's own production.

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://armorama.com/news/das-werk-big-scale-german-half-track
1 Like

So, who will wear it better? Trumpeter or Das Werk?

1 Like

Das Werk!

1 Like

I,m hoping Das Werk will have a lower price compared to Trumpeter , I mean just look at Trumpeters prices $450 for a Jagdpanther Yikes.
Donald

1 Like

Just a note , Andys taking Pre Orders for this kit fore #109.99 I think a good price , I pre ordered one
Regards
Donald

2 Likes

Preordered one from MBK in Germany

I hope it turns out as good as it sounds. My worry is it will be too simplified and things moulded in place that would be better separate (the padlocks on the bins like the AHHQ tiger for example) but reading the description they have gone to town on it. apparently the main hull is in separate parts which gives them the option for further releases of variants.

Would love a rivetted body earlier model too but honestly if this is as good as it sounds I’ll be over the moon.

How it compares to Trumpy? Well if the 1/16th Stugs are any thing to go by the Takom one was better (despite its flaws) to the trumpeter whose bow is seriously messed up and fenders too to match it.
Lets see what price the Trumpy comes in at.

Keith

1 Like

Teaser image from Das Werk’s social media page:

2 Likes

That looks very accurate and very detailed. The Das Werk price point is very reasonable too. Trumpeter has spent the last two years playing “Lets fleece and bilk the Capitalist dogs” with their mediocre accuracy and skyrocketing prices.

1 Like

I wonder if this would work with the Merit 1/18 scale 88mm Flak kit or would the scale be too far off?

1 Like

At these sizes the differences do start becoming pretty apparent.

1 Like

If you are thinking of it as a towing vehicle it would be wrong anyway, regardless of scale. The chassis of the Sdkfz251 is based on the 3 ton vehicle, you need the Sdkfz7 8 tonner to tow an “88”.

2 Likes

Should have said Das Wek NOT Takom… my bad.

1 Like