Das Werk: Big Scale Sd.Kfz. 234/2 Puma | Armorama™

Hot off Das Werk's social media page is teaser photo of what's coming out in 2024 -- in 1/16 scale. Watch this space for updates!

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://armorama.com/news/das-werk-big-scale-sd-kfz--234-2-puma
6 Likes

Someone tell them to change the tyre patterns, these “gelande” ones were rarly seen in Pumas.

2 Likes

Awesome. Can’t wait for Das Werk to bring the variants; 234/1-3-4, 251/2-22 or more.

3 Likes

The left-side smoke launcher assembly seems to be damaged. Launchers are pointing in wrong directions. Is that how the kit comes, or did the builder do it?

David

2 Likes

Of course I gotta have one of these too.
The M10 and Achillies II are coming.
As for the wheels they will probably have to be replaced.
donald

2 Likes

Andy said on his video that these are just the test shots. Weld seams, texture etc are not completed yet. Break down of the sprues…

2 Likes

I’m sure they check everything before it goes into production. I have seen the Modellbau-König guys ( who are involved in Das Werk) at work, they make a really good job, many of them engaged modelers too.
I hope it goes on like that, Das Werk with new german vehicles in 1/16 and Andy brings some allied models, maybe some on wheels too

1 Like

This thing is gorgeous. This along with the 1/16th Sd.kfz 251 Ausf D on a dirt road lined with a hedgerow, along with those beautiful Waffen SS panzergrenadiers Jeff Shiu came out with, (shown last week on here). It would make for a great aufklarung diorama. That would make for a quite the show stopper if painted right. Unfortunately, I am not the man for that job.

2 Likes

I´d like to see the spare wheel support…

2 Likes

Smoke launchers
They look OK in the sprues so maybe it is a building mistake…Upper ones seem to be ponting inwards and lower ones outwards.

3 Likes

The molds are still in the making at Takom’s factory. So wait until they are finished.
You can see them here (to the end of the video):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf9yUqXC2_A&t=0

2 Likes

Thank you.
Well, they look like mirror copies, so I guess it was the sample kit’s builder who changed something.

David

2 Likes