Das Werk Einheitsanhanger 5t

Just done-looking at lower body details now.

9 Likes

5 Likes

Nice! All the cargo inside will give it life.

Thanks, hopefully I can paint the panther engine that goes inside it tonight.

As far as i know, the floor was unpainted. nor was the inside camouflaged?
Not the same, but in the same order: this is what I did with the of a German truck:

1 Like

From what I have seen, the cargo bed of the trucks was painted like the rest of the vehicle

I’ve been searching, but I have found no definitive answer to that… :\ On a logical note: something as susceptible to wear as the floor and tear seems illogical to paint, if it is made of wood…

Economy of production would likely mean painting as the wood was probably installed before the vehicle was painted and the fasteners of the wood need paint - cheaper to paint everything .

On the other hand, light wood would be quite conspicuous against a dark vehicle when moving without cargo and tarpaulin… Later the war, with standard dunkelgelb vehicles it would not make much difference.

“Spray everything.” … “Was! There is no more paint?!” … "Put a tarp over the cargo and move this truck to the Front! The Allied bombers are coming… SCHNELL!!!

[EDIT] Just kidding. :innocent:

In real life, most vehicles have a tarp over the bed.
Not in 35th however.

1 Like

This doesn’t look painted (specially when compairing with the short sides), but rather stained…

Just finished adding all the stuff to the inside.

3 Likes

Calling it done.

1 Like

5 Likes

Looks there will soon be a new addition to my stash!

Very nice, like how you have put the heavy stuff over the axles, maybe a couple of slings/strops draped over engine for lifting off?

That’s a great idea

May I make the smallest, tiniest observation here?

In transit there would be some sort of dust cover(s) over those intake manifolds on that big engine. Seen here in this photo, I used small squares of 800 grit sandpaper for the job. The German engine repair crews would probably have painted on some sort of simple removable adhesive and stuck heavy paper or lite tin sheeting over those intakes temporarily.

Even when just moving a stripped engine around inside the shop; mechanics will often wad up rags or fresh shop towels and stuff them into the intakes to keep loose items and dirt from getting in. (Over the exhaust ports as well.)

Sorry but could not help making the comment.