Das Werk VK4501(P) Rammtiger | Armorama

Das Werk newest kit announcement is the VK4501(P) "Rammtiger" with the number DW35018. Find out more details, soon.

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://armorama.com/news/das-werk-vk4501-p-rammtiger
3 Likes

I kept putting off making one from a 1/72 Tiger… now I guess I will get a 1/35 one.

No idea what it is but I want one

2 Likes

Pretty much my thoughts too☺️

1 Like

Another paper vehicle. I’ll pass. Still too many real vehicles left to buy first.

It`s a proposed vehicle to make buildings collapse in Urban Warfare.

The stupid thing looks like an armored garbage truck on a foolish-choice chassis; this epitomizes the reason why I so dislike paper panzers or other ridiculous proposals by model companies desperate to keep the gray train going. Ugh.

2 Likes

“A proposed conversion of the VK 45.01 P chassis in a heavily armoured ramming vehicle armed with machine guns. 3 superstructures were completed but their fate is unknown as the project was cancelled in 1943”

So what is the purpose of the big hole in the front ?

Cheers
:beer: :robot: :beer:

I think you protest too much; it was obviously seriously considered at one point by the Germans and the fact that they built a wooden model would indicate that it was to be - albeit arguably - of some utility.

I don’t have a problem with manufacturers producing kits such as this; paper panzers, whilst just that, still have their place in the history of AFV design even if, obviously, they never came to fruition.

Like the Landkreuzer P. 1000 “Ratte”
A vehicle that had zero chance of even being functional?
Ken.

Opening for machine guns??

Seems doable but what about when you are ramming through a building, all the debris falling in there. And then there is the dedicated soldier ready to lob a grenade into the hole.

Cheers

1 Like

Can’t think about everything …
:laughing:

Even a Rammpanzer driver needs to see where he is driving.

Not everyones cup of tea, but if you like them… Buy it … If not… keep on browsing…
I think alot of the paper Panzer’s have a bit of merit. If a chassis was produced then there was a definite thought process in place to probably produce one and then variants.
Once manufacturers see that, they will inevitably start thinking about kits. I would buy one. It looks interesting. Each to their own.

1 Like

Looks like it’s open underneath to allow debris to fall through according to Panzerserra. The opening is probably for the driver to see. With the bluntness of the tiger’s nose they appeared to want a pointed nose. Without a complete design no way for the driver to open a hatch or see out. Seems like a reasonable compromise to me.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. That makes total sense. Now I can get back to my life and not think about this anymore. Damn Paper Panzers :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers

I think it is nice that strange, obscure vehicles, paper panzers are issued even if I have no particular interest in it. If someone does not find them to be their cup of tea, that is fine, too. Nobody is forced to buy them…

3 Likes