Death Korps of Kreig

Starting a Imperial Guard Death Korp of Kreig armoured company.

First item a Leman Russ battle tank finished in WWI French style camo. Just some turret numbers to add.

5 Likes

It does kind of have that WW1 look to it, that tank, so it works quite nicely with that camo!

1 Like

these miniatures are very addictive, i too have been working on some during the festive period and i eill post so pictures soon.

Thanks Karl, only another 3 of these to do in this camo then I’m switching to WWI British camo for another 3 and WWI German for the artillery.

Yes David they are addictive, I’m sad to say though that this tank has been sitting built on the shelf for about 6 months then last week I decided it was time to get it painted, not over Christmas/New Year as I was working as per normal. Just ordered some tank decals so I can get it and it’s squadron mates when built marked up (Spanish Leo 2 markings!!!)

3 Likes

But now you have the Rogal Dorn Tank to include in the mix…
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/12/19/designing-the-new-rogal-dorn-tank-chatting-tracks-turrets-and-tension-springs-with-the-warhammer-design-studio/
Back in the day when I was contemplating a non-tournament IG(AM) force I acquired a couple of 1:48th scale KV-2 tanks^ to convert to Ragnaroks as a “counts as” drop-in Leman Russ replacements as they were cheaper than and dimensionally almost identical to the GW product. Given the Ragnarok originated on Kreig it’s not unlikely they would still have some in reserve…

^ Specifically, the Hobby Boss German Pz.Kpfw 754(r), at the time on offer for less than a tenner, still less than twenty quid. I can find no entry on the GW site for the Leman Russ tank so it may be OOP awaiting a new model up to the standards of the new AM models such as the recently released Sentinel (I saw this, and some towed artillery/heavy weapons in use on the table last Friday).

Cheers,

M

Small update, the recent releases and re-release landed the other day and several found there way onto the bench, there is a Rogal Dorn but that is still in its box as well as a Baneblade super-heavy.
They have been primed ready for paint, the light grey (not primed) one is a 3D print to proxy as an Atlas which GW no longer make and in the bottom right is a resin heavy siege mortar from a Polish company, also not primed.

1 Like

those look amazing and i have a stack of star wars legion stuff sitting waiting to be built so i know how you feel right now.

I was going to save this until I had some more progress but since I’m babysitting the hobby shop/centre I’ve been painting :slightly_smiling_face:

So here is the progress I’ve made since Thursday all variations of French WWI camo schemes, top left is the tank that’s in the start of this thread.

4 Likes

What a great collection you’ve painted up there- eye catching and unique. That’s also an impressive amount of intricate paintwork since Thursday!

wow they look fabulous, i wish i had the time to put into modelling at the moment.

@Klaus-Adler @Karl187 Thanks both.

Well my first full week off shift for a long time and I spent most of it building and painting what you see in the post above. Just opened up the hobby shop/centre and have a marathon 10 hours here to get more painting done but then back to work tomorrow so no more modelling work until next Saturday.
My workstation for the day!

2 Likes

State of progress today.
The Hydra AA tank is more or less done except the crew, all the rest are in various states of progress with the Trojan support tank with the hand painted shark mouth on the dozer blade nearest to completion.

3 Likes

I haven’t posted much of late and that is mainly down to the fact the site no longer supports my older iPad where I do most of my work so I’m now limited to only being able to post if I have spare time at work or access to another pc.

Anyway this is a 3D printed model I purchased from via Etsy, I built and painted it for my custom all female jungle fighters using the Imperial guard Catachan army rules, the planet they call home has white soil and an abundance of pink, red and violet flora. So this is a scout Sentinel for this army which will fit side by side with my Death Korps

4 Likes

i love that look, something different and unusual, well done indeed.

where did you get the flowers from?

They are from https://gamersgrass.com/ flowers, grass tufts of different sizes and heights, laser cut plants and even premade bases if you are too lazy to do your own! The tufts come with an adhesive backing but I find it best to put a dab of superglue on the place you want just for extra hold.
All the plants on the base are from their range the white ‘soil’ is from AK but with some weathering and white dry brush, not that it really shows.

1 Like