Desert Battle Series, a family on the way

Everything is good enough to train my skills, this three are almost complete out of the box.
Just need to work on some minor misfits, and bring on a little more detail.
But these figures are amazing for 1/35 in plastic. It’s a big box for little stuff, but the price is fair for me.
The box-art are drawings, so there is a small difference between both.

The woman is really straight from the box, until now. Just gonna do some fine tuning on the crossbow.

The young girl and the dog have some small misfits and need some filling and sculpting, the dog gonna get some extra detail and some baggage.

The man needs the most of apoxysculpt, it’s possible I havened been that accurate building him.
But fitting it al together without gaps wasn’t possible for me

next some extra detail

6 Likes

So, when these are ready for retail sales in the next year or so, they will be part of the Contemporary Urban America series I am guessing?

Working on, first session of painting.
Still gonna work on some details.

Looking good so far. They are quite detailed OOB.

These are individual figures from Master Box that are already available.

2 Likes

Actually, the forthcoming 1:24th scale range will fulfill those requirements:

It appears there are a couple more kits to come in the series, another character and some sort of mutant hound…

Cheers,

M

1 Like

Nice, looking forward to see them, they really looking good.
My actually figures are 1/35, a pity the new are larger.
But the have sure a great potential for a scene.

1 Like

I have some of the sets that they have done in the series. I will look around for the boxes so I can share the images. I have completed some of the figures so I can do a scene for my daughter with zombies. My problem is my idea and continuing expanding concept quickly out stripped the space available so now I will have to do a series of smaller scenes for her. I have put together a number of the master box kits that are different subjects from the norm including their ones with horses. They certainly don’t disappoint.

Al Patterson
CP136
Umiujaq, Qc J0M 1Y0

1 Like

As an alternative, you could keep the idea of a big scene but drop down to somewhere near braille scale. There are plenty of survivors and zombies in 28mm/1:56th scale and accessories to support them (scenery too, if you don’t fancy scratching your own). Some of the figures are (or were) multi-part hard plastic so there is plenty of scope for creativity. Regrettably, the status of the former Wargames Factory
sets is uncertain at the moment, I’ve had a lot of fun in the past assembling them. (They were last available from Warlord Games but have disappeared from their inventory.) There are also boxes of bendy plastic 1:72nd scale figures but these one piece items with multiple copies in a box.
While on the subject of multi-option 28mm plastic miniatures, and given you’re in the far frozen, maybe these would interest the young lady?

Regards,

M

I will check into them. My son has introduced me to games workshop stuff and have a war of the worlds Martian walker being attacked by a variety of characters from war hammer. It keeps me busy doing different things for her. I have a large scale space marine in the works she told me pink, purple and it needs to look like ice. It’s not quite ready for her yet but here’s a picture of it:

I’ve gotten it farther along but no recent pictures. I just picked markings for the shoulders so will be getting what needs touched up done and then decals.

Al Patterson
CP136
Umiujaq, Qc J0M 1Y0

1 Like

At least you avoided the classic “shocking pink with a purple helmet” scheme (inappropriate, given the intended recipient) and the “Hello Kitty” Marines, there are far to many pink marines out there already but strangely next to no pink Adepta Sororitas (Sisters of Battle)… Maybe that’s just my paleolithic sensibilities showing.

When building radio controlled boats for his grandchildren a friend of mine was told by his granddaughter hers must be pink: he did it in a two-tone pink dazzle camouflage.
If your daughter likes the women warriors I perhaps should have mentioned they have metaphysical backup from the Hogwarts Heavy Mob:

There are no Zombies in the range but I believe they recommend Mantic “Kings of War” Zombies and Ghouls; both are limited in options but this can be alleviated somewhat by cross-kitting between the sets which are compatible.

Regards,

M

painted the man an starting on the dog

3 Likes

Nice looking shepherd!

Al Patterson
CP136
Umiujaq, Qc J0M 1Y0

She’s 5 and enjoys watching her brother battle zombies in games and then makes him hunt them around the house all the time.

Her first snowman done second week of June. We finally had suitable snow for her it’s usually to cold and the snow is to dry. Her favourite colours at the moment are purple and pink. She keeps me going. I was in a bad spot when her ray of sunshine found me. A happy soul for sure starts school in August.

Al Patterson
CP136
Umiujaq, Qc J0M 1Y0

2 Likes

The next figure is painted, still some things to do

1 Like

A little step further, working on details and setting.

1 Like