Desert Cats - Gulf War Jaguar dual build

It looks like a lot of the joins are at panel lines, which can be tricky. If I’m careful, I should be able to get the forward fuselage together without any gaps. But we’ll see if it works!

The wing though I might use milliput to fill the gaps. There’s quite a lot of space between the fuselage and wing roots! The slow curing time will give me time to sculpt it in and a quick wipe with wet cotton buds gets rid of the excess.

That’s the plan anyway.

We really do need a brand new tooled Jaguar. I’m surprised Airfix haven’t already.
Hobbyboss have the French A and E covered (gorgeous kits too), we just need the GR.1/3 now.

Definetly :smile:

1 Like

I’ve seen some good stuff done with the Hasegawa. Didn’t they include a strange weapon load though? Matra pods and Magic missiles or something?

Too many @phantom_phanatic @Phantomlvr in a Jaguar build :joy::joy::joy::joy:. You sure are Phantom fans??? :crazy_face::crazy_face:

1 Like

@phantom_phanatic Stephen have you looked at https://air-graphics.uk/ they do quite a few 1/72 Jag update sets (and Phantom and Tonka). Good service and the parts are good quality.

Regarding the Jag’s I have Airfix, Italeri and Hasegawa in the stash but never got the Hobbyboss versions, not sure why Hobbyboss stopped at just the French versions and never did the RAF/International versions.

1 Like

I had a look at them, they seem to have a lot of bits for the Hasegawa. No idea if any would fit the Italeri. Will probably get a few bits if I do get that one. I did get the twin store carriers from them earlier in the project, along with a few other bits (JP233’s, Lynx TOW launchers and some Mirage pylons). Really nice stuff.

The Hobbyboss Jag is really nice. I can get some photos up if you like. The stores sprue is packed with stuff!
I live in hope that Airfix will do one next year.