Desert Storm US Aircraft OV-10A and OV-10D+, 1991 | AeroScale

Here we look at an ICM release offering two 1/48th scale versions of the Bronco in one box titled Dessert Storm US Aircraft OV-10A and OV-10D+, 1991.

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://aeroscale.net/news/dessert-storm-us-aircraft-ov-10a-and-ov-10d-1991

This seems to be a reboxing of ICM’s before issued OV-10A and OV-10D+, right?

Looks like good kits.

A note on the review. The orange/red background makes the gray sprues look a weird blue color. It is hard to look at for my eyes. The same is happening in the recent French civilian truck review from yesterday. In my opinion, a light blue background is the best for photographing sprues and models in general.

3 Likes

Note taken Gino and I will change this.

2 Likes

I would have check my kits but I would think yes as ICM seems to be releasing individual kits then making a combo pack available.

As I say in the review these are previously released offerings.

1 Like

I did a quick scan so apologize for missing and was looking at Gino’s comment. As I understand it the vortex fences where changed/fixed on the D kit. The original A might have the old version, is that still the same on this boxing? The original D kit gave some GW markings but not sure that A’s where used in GW. My knowledge is limited so I might need to do some research.

since the OV-10A version is in the box does it come with Vietnam era decals etc?

i can’t see the images clearly as I’m using my mobile phone.

Apparently not.

Two finishing option have been provided for each model, in the case of the OV-10A :

155428, Marine Observation Squadron 2 (VMO-2), Saudi Arabia 1991

155454, Marine Observation Squadron 2 (VMO-2), Saudi Arabia 1991

The two versions of the OV-10+ are:

155473, Marine Observation Squadron 2 (VMO-2), Saudi Arabia 1991

155494, Marine Observation Squadron 2 (VMO-2), Saudi Arabia 1991

1 Like

Thanks for claryfining! Maybe I will get the new release anyway, just to help ICM sell their kits. I’m sure they need it.

1 Like