Dieppe Churchill Color

I would do anything to see that color scheme in world of tanks…

2 Likes

Ezra, like this?

A REAL KTO Rosomak in Polish National Colors.

1 Like

Canadian Churchill’s that took part on the Raid, were painted in KG # 3 and they had silver interior during this time. Silver was used through the war for British built armoured vehicles, and white was only used for a short time, and then switched back to silver. Proper research will point anyone in the correct directions, with great reference to use : The Churchill Tank and the Canadian Armoured Corps, by Mark Tonner, CD and Camouflage of Canadian Armoured Vehicles in WW2 by Steve Guthrie and Barry Beldam. Photo show a pre raid photo of an Officer from A Squadron applying fresh markings to a Churchill .

1 Like

Yes, you can tell from research and photos of the actual tanks, they have the “R” added to the war department number, most of the Mk I & Mk III’s used on the raid were rebuilt tanks, issued prior to the raid. Photo of CHIEF T31124R, rebuilt Mk 1.
12.02. Churchill 1 24 Chief pennant becomes removed by German soldier 1

Is that what the R stands for in the tank number? If so blossom, the tank I am building has the R

Correct , BLOSSOM T68561R was a rebuilt tank, issued to the Calgary Tanks prior to the raid in June/July 1942. Blossom landed of Tank Landing Craft #5, along with T-31655 Buttercup & T-68759R Bluebell all from 9th Troop and all Mk III’s.

Thanks for the info! Great picture by the way! Clearest one I’ve seen of blossom yet. Are these from a book?