Dino 246 GT

I only just caught up with this too, beautiful kit and work Jesper. Rolling back the years…

:+1: :tumbler_glass:

No wonder Roger Moore was having difficulty- seems someone installed the steering wheel on the wrong side of the car… LOL

3 Likes

Terry,
My take on the “Not really a Ferrari” is more in reference to the Dino having a V6 rather then the V12 which is the engine type that Ferrari’s are mostly associated with.
BTW, Ferrari is officially back into the WEC endurance racing series with a full factory team starting with the 2023 LeMans in the LMH class (LeMans Hyper). I’m not crazy about how any of these cars look, and none sound anything like what their name sake’s engines sounded like. That certainly holds true for this car/engine combo which sounds even further from a Ferrari then their current F1 cars do. Checkout the 3 tail fins and two wings?
joel

JW no harm meant on my part (I keep forgetting to tag my comments with an “LOL”), actually I learned something from the whole exchange, I never paid attention to the fact that there’s no Ferrari badging or at least no Stallion on the 246 GT, reading up on the car’s history reminded me that Ferrari let production rights for non-competitive autos go to Fiat (see "Ford vs. Ferrari). As far as the look of the new racer you’ve shown I have to agree, looks something like a “Bat Mobile”. I’m getting older I guess, the nostalgia of the 60’s and 70’s muscle cars and performance racers bring back memories of days past .

Cajun :crocodile:

Cajun,
don’t give it a 2nd thought. My comment was purely historical as so many cars guys I’ve known over the years have made that distinction. For the record, I’m no Ferrari fan. Haven’t been one since 1965 when Enzio Ferrari used Ford as nothing more then a pawn to get what he wanted from Fiat. I did kind of weakened when Chris Amon (another Kiwi) drove the 1967 F1 312.
I’m mostly a Porsche type of guy. Have been ever since I saw a 356C way, way back in the summer of 1963 or so. It was 1st love. To bad I’ve never owned one as my wife would kill me for sure.

joel

1 Like

Thanks for looking in gentlemen, much appreciated.

To me, the Dino has always been a Ferrari, even though it features a V6 :grin: There are actually Ferrari decals in the kit, but those will not be added. Btw the coming Ferrari 296 GTB, will, also, feature a V6.

When ever I saw The Persuaders, the Dino was my favorite. Wouldn’t mind having one, for real, but with my 6 feet 2", the Aston will suit me better. Well, either car will only be mine, in my dreams and there I fit both cars perfectly.

Jesper,
I know the feeling in real time. Many years ago i tried to fit into and get out of a Lotus Elan, and really struggled the fit was so tight, and I was only 5’ 11" at the time and weighed just 140 lbs or so.
joel

A friend once told me he had had sex in a Lotus Europa…
:face_with_spiral_eyes:
Cheers,

M

1 Like

Must have been by himself - LOL

3 Likes

Or maybe he meant WITH a Lotus Europa :roll_eyes::thinking::flushed:

1 Like