Display Case for 1/48 Scale Phantom II?

I am working on the Revell-Monogram 1/48 F-4J Phantom II, and I am having a heck of a time locating a display case for it. It’s so darn big! Anyone have any ideas?

Jim

1 Like

How big is it?

@ James (jimb). Give these guys a look-see… ‘shopPOPdisplays’

I have several of the ‘Display Boxes With Wood Bases.’ Not cheep, but well worth the money spent when it comes to quality.

Here’s an example (H 5" x W 10" x W 10")

Note: I have no affiliation with any companies.

—mike

1 Like

According to the box, it’s 14-3/8" long, 9-5/8" wide. Doesn’t say how tall, but I’m guessing about 4-1/2". Big.

Jim

Another US option to Mikes. If nothing else to see the going rate others charge. Seems none are cheap.

I have a Tamiya 1/48 Phantom in a Trumpeter case. It is just the right size- in fact the plane kind of touches the edges of the box a bit so once the top is on it can’t move- no need to secure it! The display case is Trumpeter TR09808 and the dimensions are 316mmx276mmx136mm.

1 Like

Thanks, Karl. I’ll have to dee if I can track one of those down.

Jim

1 Like

I managed to find one of the TR09808 display cases you told me about at Hobbylinc (expensive little buggers), and it fit the Phantom! I was kind of hoping that it would fit my Airfix 1/144 Lockheed L1011, too, but it doesn’t. Thanks for the help with this.

Jim

Glad you found one and it fitted :+1:!