Doobi Overhaul

This diorama was once slightly bigger before it was reduce to the size you see in the photos. I wanted to concentrate on making smaller dioramas, so decided to re-do the diorama. The cab is now back on and figures have been re-arranged. But I do not think it takes away from the main theme, which still remains from the original build. Hope you all like the results. I’m still adding little details here and there, but not too much as to not over-crowd it. Will be making the concrete floors a little dirty, but not too dirty; just some oil here and there. Not all areas of workshops or big factories are full of oily floors and dirt, like most would think.

27 Likes

Very original

2 Likes

Always love your stuff, Charles.

2 Likes

Every Time I see Mengs D9, I so want to get the kit. Cool Idea to showcase the kit.

2 Likes

Thank you Dan.

1 Like

Much appreciated 18bravo.

1 Like

You should get it, TopSmith. It is a good kit. Lots of details.

1 Like

Great job. Shows the wear and year along with the job it takes to maintain the beasts…
Really really nice

2 Likes

Very cool diorama. Haven’t seen this particular subject in this setting before.

2 Likes

Impressive work and original! Lots of small details that show attention to little stuff. Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Much appreciated Robert. Glad you approve.

2 Likes

Thank you. Glad you liked the results.

1 Like

Much appreciated. Thank you for looking.

1 Like

Hugely impressive work Charles- a scene of something you don’t often see. Its really a joy to look at because there is something in every corner of the base- right down to the bolts and the various wires coming off equipment. There’s a great amount of eye catching color too from the scaffolding to drums but the wear and tear on the beast itself is superbly observed- you get a real sense of how heavily used it is and why it is getting some attention!

4 Likes

A lot of folks forget the Cat yellow under the IDF paint jobs and the wear and year on said paints… even some of the ipms Israel guys messed that one up. So yeah you did real well. I really like what you did here.

2 Likes

This diorama is so impressive, excellence everywhere, but the bolts, the bolts do it for me.

2 Likes

Big thank you Karl for that detail comment. I appreciate your observation very much. Thank you kindly.

2 Likes

Big thanks Robert. Really appreciate your knowledge.

2 Likes

Thank you very muchSSGToms. Glad you liked it.

1 Like

Really impressive build. Always like to see any construction equipment showcased. Wayne

2 Likes